Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    People eat that stuff?

    Oh, I see you're from up north.
    I'm from the great north woods, but even I know that there's much better BBQ than Sonny's. This is a side benefit of cave diving. When Tracy and I first came south in 2004 to go cavern diving, we thought Sonny's was great. As we spent time in north Florida progressing from cavern through cave, Abe Davis and onward, we received an education about barbecue as well as about cave diving from our various mentors. We are headed south two weeks from tomorrow, and I'm already salivating for barbecue! Oh, and cave diving, of course.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    People eat that stuff?

    Oh, I see you're from up north.
    Only because of a limited market. There is a 4 River coming to Gainesville, Sonnys will be closing soon.

    http://4rsmokehouse.com/

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  3. #13
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    They opened a Sonny's in Columbus, Georgia. I don't know how long it lasted, but a few months later they tore it down and built a bank in its place.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Lo these many years ago, a buddy came with me to cave country and insisted on Sonny's. I'd never been there. Won't go back.

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Sonny's is to barbecue as McDonalds is to hamburgers . I don't eat at McDonalds either. I'm a Southerner, but you really have to give Texas it's due barbecue wise, oh and North Carolina too, but I like the Texas type best myself.


  6. #16
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Huh? In Texas they think barbecue is made out of a cow???

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cave Diving? St Louis, MO
    By Richie in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
  2. Louis Barston
    By Cindy in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 04:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts