Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Advice

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    I'd go Steve Gamble unbalanced. I have had his in many suits over the years. All good.
    +1

    FWIW, I tried balanced valves, and they leaked :-(

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    I've got the LM balanced, eventually it leaked until I hot glued the balance valve shut, then later the nylon fitting broke off even with the valve. Easily removed and replaced with a brass fitting found at Lowe's.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    I have a DR balanced in one suit with Roch. wide bands.
    In my DUI CF200 OMS un-balanced with Roch. wide bands.
    Both have worked flawlessly till yesterday when I had a cath with bad glue!
    Never happened before but it was just a bump in the post dive fixed with a few baby wipes and a new cath.

    JCG


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westerville, oh
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Has anyone had trouble with the glue on Rochester sticking too much? I had a terrible experience where I thought I was pulling the skin off trying to remove it!! Any advice?


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guau View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with the glue on Rochester sticking too much? I had a terrible experience where I thought I was pulling the skin off trying to remove it!! Any advice?
    Shower, shave, and trim the night before. Put the catheter on in the morning. Go diving. Go home and remove the catheter in a warm shower.

    Use adhesive removing medical wipes for multiple days of diving, to prevent glue buildup, or it gets progressively worse with each day.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guau View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with the glue on Rochester sticking too much? I had a terrible experience where I thought I was pulling the skin off trying to remove it!! Any advice?
    Been there, done that. These things are worth their weight in gold!
    http://www.dteps.com/Medi-Sol-Adhesi...0ct_p_968.html

    One of the Shirley's recommended them to me a few years ago and I don't go near a catheter with out one of these wipes handy...


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guau View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with the glue on Rochester sticking too much? I had a terrible experience where I thought I was pulling the skin off trying to remove it!! Any advice?
    Man up bro. Rip that damn thing off and LIKE IT!!


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guau View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with the glue on Rochester sticking too much? I had a terrible experience where I thought I was pulling the skin off trying to remove it!! Any advice?
    Have had this happen and much worse!
    That is for another thread!
    Try this, " skin so Soft " original gelled body oil from Avon apply to your member once you remove the cath.
    Leave the oil on over night then shower and clean very well before applying another cath.
    Do not try to remove right away once you put one on it is HXXL! Literally you should get into a hot shower to loosen the glue.
    If not you are going to bleed! Been there done that!

    Even with all the trial and error it has been all worth it would go thorough it all again.
    Being able to go at any part of the dive is priceless!

    JCG


  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    All these stories about the trials and tribulations involved with gluing things to one's genitalia make me like my wetsuits even more!


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Now ya got it Mike !!! ( LOL )

    Beano

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Need some advice on where to go
    By Capt. Tyler in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts