Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Advice

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    I've never met anyone with a balanced that didn't leak.
    Nice to meet you.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Give it time... it will.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    I'd go Steve Gamble unbalanced. I have had his in many suits over the years. All good.
    Steve gets his from Light Monkey...


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    I've never met anyone with a balanced that didn't leak. I had two. Within weeks of getting them, I spent dives pee'ing all over myself. I went unbalanced and haven't had an issue since.
    We've met briefly. My Halcyon balanced is fine 2 years out. It seems (or seems to seem) the Halcyon balanced have less issues than other brands, although I am sure at some point it will start to leak. If it does I'll plug the balancing port.

    I wonder if the substance people clean with has anything to do with it. I use a medical cleaning solution from work that doesn't really react with anything.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Covington, Georgia
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thanks for all the good advice, now any suggestions were to order condoms?


  6. #16

    Default

    CATHETERS

    Go to the second page for the wide bands.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverbjf View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice, now any suggestions were to order condoms?
    You might want to order some samples from Rochester. When they sent my free test-pack, I received enough catheters for a 3-week diving vacation. Ask for all types (Ultraflex, Pop-on, Wideband, Spirit I-III) and choose your estimated size, plus one up and one below that size.
    That's what I did and I received a generous package of catheters to test and try out.
    In my opinion all the Rochester catheters are great and hold up nicely for an entire day of diving. In retrospect I liked the Wideband and the Ultraflex most.
    As for the P-valve, my instructor recommended the LM unbalanced which has worked great so far. The only time I had a little trouble with it was when (unfortunately) I listened to someones advice and went down the ear in Ginnie without putting any air whatsoever into the drysuit. The hickey I had on my will*** was gone two days later, so it wasn't all that much of an issue.

    Oliver


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Covington, Georgia
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Did you get your samples directly from Rochester? Did you call them directly or order online?


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverbjf View Post
    Did you get your samples directly from Rochester?
    Yes, I ordered them through http://www.rocm.com

    Oliver


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I've used the balanced p-valve for nearly a decade with no leaks. DUI. In the TLS350.

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Need some advice on where to go
    By Capt. Tyler in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts