Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    I don't do trimix, that's coming soon, but crawlin out of a cave is the wrong answer. Even somewhere like peacock would be next to possible. The line high up the passage and you rooting around in the silt like a Fort Stewart hog. Good luck with that.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Is there anybody diving trimix in a wetsuit, or is it a bad idea?
    Once - 230' at Wookey Hole in 50°F water for an hour in a two piece 7 mm semi-dry. Single bladder BC too (but I could have crawled out). The dive was OK except that I couldn't feel my feet (or talk clearly - so I'm told) when I surfaced. The deepest cave dive in the UK in a wetsuit - though I don't think that's a record to brag about.


  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    Yah, it'd be pretty hard to climb out of EN. I wonder if I could do it. I'd imagine I'd have to go around the ballroom somewhere and find a hand hold, then rock climb all the way back to the entrance.

    Hmmm, would be interesting to try.
    Or alernatly simply climb directly up the rope that is installed for people to hang deco bottles on. It does run all the way to the bottom.

    Not that I recomend it as a backup plan. If you are diving wet, you need redudant bouyancy of some time.


  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Odessa, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Depends on your tolerance for cold. I can't do it. I run air in my drysuit for even the lightest mix. No me gusta.

    - Brian

    "Slow and steady wins the race." - Aesop


 

Similar Threads

  1. VR-3 Trimix
    By Clay Davis in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 07:38 AM
  2. That's not a wetsuit
    By IRAP Administrator in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
  3. FS: 6.5 Wetsuit
    By cassadaga in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts