Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Apopka Blue ?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Question Apopka Blue ?

    Does anyone know if this system connects to Kelly Park & Rock Springs ? Has it been traversed ?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    It does not. It pinches off at about 2200' iirc. Been a long time since I've been in there. If you go, take a shovel. I'm not kidding.


  3. #3

    Default

    And if you see any jump spools left from Pete's last dive, please Do NOT remove them.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavman View Post
    And if you see any jump spools left from Pete's last dive, please Do NOT remove them.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Ok, that is funny.


  6. #6
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    It does connect by dye tracing, but nothing human sized was found... yet.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ocala fl
    Posts
    41

    Default

    To the left 350' in is a lead that connects directly to the Ballroom at Ginnie.... at 879400' is a fork.... The right goes to Madison


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    It does connect by dye tracing, but nothing human sized was found... yet.
    Hence the need for the shovel!

    Alasdair

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    It does connect by dye tracing, but nothing human sized was found... yet.
    The upstream EOL at Rock Springs (about 1200') ends at a very small restriction that so far has resisted all attempts at getting through it. The downstream EOL (about 1100') at Apopka is in a small room where the flow disappears into breakdown. There is also the small matter of around a mile of distance between them. I would never say it could never happen, but it's unlikely.

    Andy


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    I thought I remembered 400' downstream and 2000'ish upstream. But it's been 15+ years since I've been there. The shovel is to get through the upstream restriction. Last time I dove there, it was the size of a 5gallon bucket. And that was when it was being dove semi-frequently.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Apopka Blue
    By essex in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
  2. Apopka Blue
    By JE in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM
  3. Apopka Blue Sink
    By SRQ in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 10:37 AM
  4. Apopka Blue Springs
    By WEPIV in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 12:08 AM
  5. Apopka Scuba?
    By dshuman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts