Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.

View Poll Results: Would you support a CDS booster program?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support this as an individual

    3 17.65%
  • I would support this as a business

    1 5.88%
  • Don't care for the idea

    13 76.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Booster program

  1. #1

    Default Booster program

    Would you support a cds booster program... Similar to what is done in church bulletins and little league programs?

    Fixed fee and individual or business name is listed on website and in UWS fir year. Window cling showing participation.

    9/11....... I remember .........

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    You mean advertising? booster program? window cling? advertising by any other name.... and you need a fourth choice. Don't care one way or the other!

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  3. #3
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    Would you support a cds booster program... Similar to what is done in church bulletins and little league programs?

    Fixed fee and individual or business name is listed on website and in UWS fir year. Window cling showing participation.
    More detail please? I haven't been in a church or a little league game in a long time...damn restraining orders!!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  4. #4

    Default

    It is a support program. For a donation, the supporters are thanked in a listing on the Website and in the uws. ( for businesses this means divers are aware of businesses near them that support the cds and may in return support them). A window cling saying you are a cds supporter is also provided. A cling so it can be removed and divers are more likely to place them in a car window, as well as businesses.

    In an effort to lower costs and have more money for programs that are now being put in place this offers a structured program to donate. Everyone is of course welcome to donate any amount to the cds, and do. Sometimes directing what they want funds used for.

    This program provides general funds that can be used to offset printing costs of the uws and free up funds for other things or directly fund a new or existing project like educational materials or goldline.

    Support the cds and more can go on and you get a cool sticker for all the Shirleys

    The question is.... Would a
    Program such as this be supported? Before this is presented to the BoD opinions on it are being solicited

    9/11....... I remember .........

  5. #5
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    The Shirleys are always up for a sticker!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Something that has been done in the past is the old Cave Diver's Manual had pages in the back for sponsorship that defrayed printing cost. This book is getting facelift from its copyright of 1992,and a new manuscript is being edited right now (hopefully),and doing this again may be beneficial.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  7. #7

    Default

    Kelly, I know it was mentioned but am not sure what the new BODs thoughts are on it

    9/11....... I remember .........

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    More detail please? I haven't been in a church or a little league game in a long time...damn restraining orders!!

    LOL...


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    I thought we were chipping in to buy and maintain a Haskel


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    I figured you wanted to purchase old rocket parts to launch some of the cave egos where they belong



 

Similar Threads

  1. Haskel booster
    By jdh in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
  2. FS: Haskel booster
    By MikeH in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 09:38 PM
  3. Compressor As A Booster?
    By OutlawCaver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 03:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts