Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default Ferrell's Sink - who did the original exploration?

    In title...

    I know Sheck had done some survey back in the day. I'm not sure if it was the original survey or original exploration.

    Does anyone know who explored Ferrell's Sink originally? Any idea on the date?

    Just finished a map of the cave and would like to include that information.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Matt,

    Mike Poucher may have some information. Have you contacted him? I can give you his email address & phone number if you need them.

    Andy


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    You probably need to ask a local old timer. They aren't active any more, but Bob Goodman, and Tex Chalkley did a lot of the initial exploration in that area.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    I was part of a group that shot video there in 1996. From what I remember, pretty place.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Park Sink Hole aka Rose Sink
    By metaldector in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
  2. Original exploration in the Devil's system?
    By phishfood in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM
  3. Blind Creek Canyon Sink, Buford Sink, Eagle's Nest
    By barney00 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:10 AM
  4. Maps Of Arch Sink, Palm Sink, Hudson Grotto, And Ward Sink
    By CaptainSpeleo in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 04:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts