Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Slimline on the left belt

    Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    So far, I have been waist mounting mine, but the previous owner of my rig had brass snaps attached to the same d-rings that the butt plate was mounted, and they were connected by quick snaps.

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  3. #13
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Hey all, thanks for the input and ideas, i have a lot of things to try out for both the wreck and the slim line canisters. Bill

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  4. #14

    Default sidemount

    I have an Armadillo sidemount harness and mount a Halcyon helios 9.5 cannister on the waste strap. The only problem is with a 7 foot hose. The cannister is more forward that on a backmount harness and the hose tends to come out from under the cannister. Since I now dive sidemount primarily solo, I use two short hoses.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: sidemount

    Quote Originally Posted by jpdiver
    I have an Armadillo sidemount harness and mount a Halcyon helios 9.5 cannister on the waste strap. The only problem is with a 7 foot hose. The cannister is more forward that on a backmount harness and the hose tends to come out from under the cannister. Since I now dive sidemount primarily solo, I use two short hoses.
    On my sidemount rig, I have the 7' hose bungied to the left tank, and run the hose over my neck from the left. If I have to deploy it, I just pull the excess hose from the tank bungies. Hope that helps, and I have a 90 degree elbow on my right hose.

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default no butt mount please

    I butt mounted my Pro 6 for my first several sidemount dives and found the cord was too short and the canister a "pain in the ass". My well educated dive buddy encouraged me to upgrade to the slimline and I did... it now remains mounted on my right hip.... a bit further forward of where it would be if I were wearing doubles.

    -Matt



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts