Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.

View Poll Results: Stop being a cert agency

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    31 13.72%
  • NO!

    92 40.71%
  • You deserve to die for suggesting this!

    103 45.58%
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 196
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    There is a quote mark with a plus next to it in the bottom right hand corner (third option ofter reply and reply with quote), this is the multi quote option.
    Exactly. So if you want to multi-quote, just click the multi-quote button for all the posts you want EXCEPT THE LAST ONE. Then, on the last one, click "Reply With Quote" and you should get a message editor that has all the posts you selected shown as quotes, and you can type away to your heart's content.

    Brian


  2. #92
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bletso View Post
    Good 0ld Boys Clubs, (GOBC), do exist
    Every time I see this term being used I just shake my head. It's a mixed metaphor! It combines the term "old boys club" (a British term that refers to men who meet in boarding school and keep a network going for life) with the term "good old boy," an American euphemism for an uneducated redneck.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Every time I see this term being used I just shake my head. It's a mixed metaphor! It combines the term "old boys club" (a British term that refers to men who meet in boarding school and keep a network going for life) with the term "good old boy," an American euphemism for an uneducated redneck.
    So a GOBC would refer to uneducated rednecks that met in 4H and kept a network going for life?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is easy, just click Reply with Quote one each one, highlight the whole quote, and save it to Notepad. Then copy the whole mess to a new post, and edit out what you don't intend to answer.

    Be sure to leave all the [QUOTE and [/QUOTE parts or it will like like this line.
    Wow

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    There is a quote mark with a plus next to it in the bottom right hand corner (third option ofter reply and reply with quote), this is the multi quote option.
    Its really that easy

    Does it work with different pages?


  5. #95
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jont View Post
    Does it work with different pages?
    Yes.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  6. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY USA
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jont View Post

    So how do you propose that we unrig that bell without dire consequence to the organization?

    What evidence do you have to support that position?

    What specific course of action or plan have you come up with?
    I don't propose to unrig, I am one of those that don't give a toss any more.

    I think that is quite evident, no specific events that really stick out at the moment. I dropped out a few years ago and stay only marginally in the melee. Needless to say the NSS-CDS is not the same organization it was twenty years ago.

    It is up to the members to steer the board who will have to take the appropriate steps. In the end, after all is said and done, then if the CDS is on a path more akin to what it was years ago, then maybe I would re-join. It really comes down to the fact that I really don't need it to dive caves. I have dove Cow, nice cave but there are more caves than I will ever be able to dive in.

    I realize that it is a voluntary organization, but I think they really need to become much more pro-active in cave conservation, i. e. Saving the aquifers before the caves become too polluted to dive. If the CDS wants to continue as an educational organization, then perhaps the courses should be more demanding and much more emphasis on the cave environment.

    An independent diver.

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bletso View Post

    I realize that it is a voluntary organization, but I think they really need to become much more pro-active in cave conservation, i. e. Saving the aquifers before the caves become too polluted to dive. If the CDS wants to continue as an educational organization, then perhaps the courses should be more demanding and much more emphasis on the cave environment.
    Thats a good point and I think thats the best and safest way to go about it.

    But you do care because you spent the time to respond to the thread several times.


  8. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Every time I see this term being used I just shake my head. It's a mixed metaphor! It combines the term "old boys club" (a British term that refers to men who meet in boarding school and keep a network going for life) with the term "good old boy," an American euphemism for an uneducated redneck.
    Agreed, its a silly term for the lazy


  9. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Is the CDS a leader in Cave Diving education?

    I say NO!

    Why:
    When you actively hide and deny active CDS members from seeing the training standards you are not a leader!

    I am no longer a CDS member, why?

    After several requests (formal and informal) to obtain a copy of the training standards which were all denied, I could no longer support an organization that I couldn't even determine whether or not they were doing the right thing caused me to end my association with them.

    And I pose this question to everyone that reads this: How do you know that the CDS training standards are up to your standards?

    ===============================

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  10. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billyf View Post
    Is the CDS a leader in Cave Diving education?

    I say NO!

    Why:
    When you actively hide and deny active CDS members from seeing the training standards you are not a leader!

    I am no longer a CDS member, why?

    After several requests (formal and informal) to obtain a copy of the training standards which were all denied, I could no longer support an organization that I couldn't even determine whether or not they were doing the right thing caused me to end my association with them.

    And I pose this question to everyone that reads this: How do you know that the CDS training standards are up to your standards?
    There's got to be more to this?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Is Gavin still in Business?
    By T. Bix in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM
  2. CDS Cave card found in Marianna
    By bgillespie82 in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 04:53 AM
  3. NSS-CDS Full Cave Card
    By Cave Ranger in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 06:26 AM
  4. NSS-CDS poll
    By FW in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 03:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts