Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjack
    2. Could someone tell me what’s the difference between
    floridacaves.com
    tfn.net/springs/
    mejeme.com/dive/index.html
    treasuresites.com/members/wcf.htm
    dep.state.fl.us/geology/geologictopics/springs/bulletin66.htm

    and Walter’s web site?
    Eric,

    You forgot:

    http://www.thiswaytothe.net/springs/floridasprings.htm
    http://northfloridadiver.net
    http://www.cavedivingcentral.com

    All of the above-mentioned sites are GREAT sites BTW!

    Anyway, thanks for your support. Funny that people keep going on even after I decided to pull the directions function. I think it is that some people putting up information is OK but for others to do it blasphemy.

    Also, good luck on Sunday.


  2. #42
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjack
    2. Could someone tell me what’s the difference between
    floridacaves.com
    tfn.net/springs/
    mejeme.com/dive/index.html
    treasuresites.com/members/wcf.htm
    dep.state.fl.us/geology/geologictopics/springs/bulletin66.htm

    and Walter’s web site?
    Eric,

    You forgot:

    http://www.thiswaytothe.net/springs/floridasprings.htm
    http://northfloridadiver.net
    http://www.cavedivingcentral.com

    All of the above-mentioned sites are GREAT sites BTW!

    Anyway, thanks for your support. Funny that people keep going on even after I decided to pull the directions function. I think it is that some people putting up information is OK but for others to do it blasphemy.

    Also, good luck on Sunday.
    One of the things that only a few people on this board can see is what was cave diving like before the internet and after the internet. Obviously I'd be a hypocrit if I said it was all bad,because here I am posting. Many saw a progression in caves that were accessible due to diffculty level or pristine nature by others who were informally evaluating your skill level. So what Cindy is saying there were places that used to be pristine,but have lost that since they are publicized. You've put a lot of work on your web site,and I don't think anybody is picking on you,but just a concern with the idea in general. A concern I have is artifacters use cave divers as a source for finding places to find their artifacts. It is not uncommon for them to go to sinks and springs,and dig looking for arrow or spear points. If cave divers make the sites easy to find with detailed directions,then we have a terrain that looks like the surface of the moon. Hope you don't feel that you are being picked on,because that is not the intent of this discussion.


  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Additionally, after reviewing Eric's post I did not see where he stated that this was his first time in the Nest. Where did you see it?

    Hey, It was posted around a year ago on both the cave diving forums by Mike Poucher and someone else who was doing part of the effort to open the site up. If it's open now that's cool. They may have decided it wasn't worth doing. See the comments on the last post by Eric, He states quite clearly his first Guided dive into Eagles nest was to the end of the line.
    As for insulting people, you guys are pretty easy to insult. It's just a discussion on a forum. You may want to toughen/grow up a little!
    I don't like any site that lists caves period. I'm allowed to have an opinion. But if you want stop secrecy in cave diving by people who know of cave sites you going about it the wrong way. ANYONE, open water diver etc. can read that site, become interested in and try to dive those spots. Will they get land owner permission? Did you or any other site publisher when you post sites? I made a comment like this once before and was told that same reasoning. If Joe Blow has a site why are you picking on mine? My responce was then and is now that if something is wrong and not good for caves then repeating it is not OK. If I shoot someone for calling me names on the web and get away with it because I am insane does that mean it's cool for you to do so? (Just an excample by the way)
    I can tell you right now if I found a nice little cave someplace I would not tell anyone who was in anyway going to post it on ANY site. Does that solve the problem of old divers not telling the new divers were the sites are? Absolutly not. I have on more than one occassion heard people tell me of sites and say they don't want the site out for two reasons. One if people are too lazy to go out and find one why should they let them trash one they find and second why should they do all that work and get nothing in return. You guys want to be insulted, knock yourselves out but It seems a real waste of time to me, LOL, Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normblitch

    Donn,

    PM sent...

    nhb
    Norm,

    PM sent in return. I hope, never having done that before...

    Donn



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts