Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Thinking of Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Hope they enjoy the pavilion- that thing stunk like a dirty zoo in the hot sun yesterday. I doubt it will be better by Saturday.


  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchrds
    Hope they enjoy the pavilion- that thing stunk like a dirty zoo in the hot sun yesterday. I doubt it will be better by Saturday.
    OHhhhhhhhaahahahahahahaha....see that's a good way to think about it. Helps to alleviate the jealousy during that long hot walk.

    I'm just glad to hear that the bacterial problem has cleared up. FWIW, it sounds like a good time to bring out the handtrucks.


  3. #13
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    [quote="Angie Reim"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rchrds
    .
    I'm just glad to hear that the bacterial problem has cleared up.
    I don't think that jackson blue had the bacterial problem, it was at one of the other "blues." Bill

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  4. #14

    Default

    Oh. Well then nevermind......

    Must be a gazillon Blue springs in Florida.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default Blues

    Gazillion and two


  6. #16
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop
    Russell in all your inquiries did you ever ask how much the park rents for.
    It was something like $75 plus $2 per person, but that is generally for non-divers. Divers have to pay $25 or have an annual pass.

    When I mentioned to her that we may well have 25 or more divers on October 22, and only a handfull of non-divers, she said that they can probably waive the reservation fee, and open the restrooms for us all day. This is one of the things they wanted to talk over with us this weekend.

    Russell


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jviehe
    But what if its you who own the land, as is the case here?
    Then there are still managers and others who controls access whose opinions are just as important.


  8. #18

    Default Jackson

    When we originally set his up, long before the modern improvements, I was told we would have access to bathrooms, etc. The original comission seemed interested in what cave diving would bring to the area. They even expressed interest in maintaining some type of shop/airfill station on the property (not possible given the funds with which the land was purchased); however, that went down hill shortly after they raised the price to $15 a head.
    Long before I stopped fighting the powers that be in Jackson County I learned to not hold my breath (besides turning blue and passing out) for I usually only received lip service. I hope that the situation has changed for the next round.
    As much as I hate to say it divers there will have to self-regulate more than ever if this were to work. On the rare occassion I come out of the swamps to dive JB I still see condom cath, zip-ties, other trash, and #### piles left behind by the few who do not care. If those actions are carried over they will shut down the comforts.
    Scott Hunsucker


  9. #19
    Guest

    Default

    Scott, we know about, and appreciate, your efforts in the past. The current group we're talking to seem to really want to make the cave divers comfortable.

    Any chance you'll be there this weekend?

    Russell


  10. #20

    Default Jackson

    Unfortunately I am working all weekend. My only point in sticking my head up was to warn about past working of county governments. I hope it works out.
    Scott Hunsucker



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts