Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Foreign

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    This also might shed some light on why they are so cheap:

    http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...ryFX100DrySuit

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    A lot of Hollis gear is made in China. It could be their supplier is selling them in China, or perhaps they are selling "seconds". One big issue (assuming it is real) would be warranty.
    When I lived in Korea, a whole lot of the goods made there like Coach purses etc were sold at a very low price, this was the actual Coach purses not counterfeits. Of course bringing them home amounts to smuggling. A whole lot of fishing tackle was done the same way. I even brought home some R-12 Freon just in case I ever buy a classic car


  3. #13
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Man, do I have an IROC-Z for you!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Man, do I have an IROC-Z for you!
    Un-huh, got rid of my 93 Z28 as soon as that cash for clunkers thing hit. Was a great car, just didn't need it anymore, it just sat in the hangar. Don't need another


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    something's up - a Waterproof D1 is a $3500 suit that they're selling for $1200.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whodunit68 View Post
    something's up - a Waterproof D1 is a $3500 suit that they're selling for $1200.

    At least it can be repaired using online videos


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    At least it can be repaired using online videos
    awesome. glad you guys made it up this past weekend.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    At least it can be repaired using online videos
    LOL! It comes with a patch kit, internet link and their best wishes. WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    I know this is an old thread, but.......did anyone ever order from here? Is there any precedent as far as purchase protection from a place like this? I'm considering two new drysuits soon.....this might be a fantastic option.


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    I know Parkway, Poisden, & Henderson first hand ! I know nothing of whatever else is out there. Nor am I willing to find out. if it fits & it works, why change ?



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts