Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Foreign

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default Foreign

    Anyone ever order something from Taiwan or Indonesia?? I am looking at a site that has Cave gear and super super cheap...

    BRANDON

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Caldwell, Ohio
    Age
    64
    Posts
    439

    Default

    That sounds super super Dangerous. Whats your life worth?


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    It dont seem right that for sure, when you can get a $1800 drysuit for $700

    BRANDON

  4. #4

    Default

    Having lived in Taiwan for a year and a half when I was younger, I can tell you that they used to be quite good at doing counterfeit knock-offs of all kinds of products. I'm not saying that's the case here but it would not surprise me.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Branford
    Age
    79
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpcfire1 View Post
    Anyone ever order something from Taiwan or Indonesia?? I am looking at a site that has Cave gear and super super cheap...
    A year ago I tried a couple of China backup lights that many were praising on this forum......and still are.

    One failed the first dive and the other "between" dives.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oyster Bay
    Posts
    605

    Default

    what's the site?


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    edeniasport.com.....

    Have a Hollis fx100 $700
    Pinn Evo3 $600

    BRANDON

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpcfire1 View Post
    edeniasport.com.....

    Have a Hollis fx100 $700
    Pinn Evo3 $600
    DRIS had last week the pinnacle evo3 for $999 including undergarment and until jan 30 lifetime warranty that included replacement seals every year.

    http://www.diverightinscuba.com/cata...ge-p-3491.html


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Yea I contacted them, they did not have the size I needed and said it was like 8 wks out

    BRANDON

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    A lot of Hollis gear is made in China. It could be their supplier is selling them in China, or perhaps they are selling "seconds". One big issue (assuming it is real) would be warranty.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts