Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    I'm wondering if it would be relatively easy to build a PVC tree (two pipes to hold a drysuit upside-down by going up the legs) and hook it up to this boot dryer...
    Like this
    http://www.inkbox.net/undersea/do-it...drysuit-dryer/

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #22

    Default

    Here is an archive of the dead link in the article.

    http://web.archive.org/web/201003222...ysuitdryer.htm

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  3. #23
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Coast of Arizona
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackchains View Post
    Nothing but wetsuits, but most have the same affect on me.
    DAN's medical line is free, and they may be able to give you more information. You don't have to be a member or have their insurance.

    (But if you don't, it's like skydiving without a parachute.)

    Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

    "If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Crosby, TX
    Posts
    364

    Default

    I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around how some of ya'll can dive without peeing... anytime I jump in a spring wearing a wetsuit, I'd have just about as much success trying not to pee as I would if I tried to jump off a roof and not hit the ground.


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around how some of ya'll can dive without peeing... anytime I jump in a spring wearing a wetsuit, I'd have just about as much success trying not to pee as I would if I tried to jump off a roof and not hit the ground.
    First thing my OW instructor taught us about scuba diving was there were two kinds of divers... those that pee in their suit, and those that lie. He also taught us that the difference between and OW diver, and an Advanced OW diver was being able to continue finning while peeing.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    DAN's medical line is free, and they may be able to give you more information. You don't have to be a member or have their insurance.

    (But if you don't, it's like skydiving without a parachute.)
    If he had a rash or was itching associated with it that would make sense, but smell alone would not be an indicator of reaction to a product.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post
    I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around how some of ya'll can dive without peeing... anytime I jump in a spring wearing a wetsuit, I'd have just about as much success trying not to pee as I would if I tried to jump off a roof and not hit the ground.
    right before the dive, empty bladder. it doesn't fill up that fast....so far longest dive was 3:32. Add dress time, swim down the run at Ginnie, etc, it was only about 4 hours. We go all the time for that long without doing so. The only difference is that just about is my limit due to extra hydration in prep for diving.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    agree with Richard.....odor is caused by bacteria so....

    ----
    Cave Mann

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whodunit68 View Post
    The only difference is that just about is my limit due to extra hydration in prep for diving.
    ...plus osmosis and immersion diuresis...

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    If he had a rash or was itching associated with it that would make sense, but smell alone would not be an indicator of reaction to a product.
    I think it still worth exploring. A smell "for the next several days, and no amount of showering seems to help" suggests to me some sort of chemical reaction.

    Blackchains later mentions that it happens with several different wetsuits. A bacterial issue should resolve with showering.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts