Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1

    Default Help I STINK!!!!

    Help, every time I wear my wetsuit I stink for the next several days, and no amount of showering seems to help. I never pee in my suit, and always use sink the stink.

    Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas or suggestions?

    Thank you, my coworkers will thank you as well!


  2. #2
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    My instructor always dived a wetsuit. He would put a half cup of Scope in about ten gallons of water and soak the wetsuit for several hours.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #3

    Default

    I throw my wetsuit in the bathtub with some mouthwash as well. It still smells, just not as bad.


  4. #4

    Default

    My problem is that both ME and the wetsuit stink. I am more worried about me at this point than the wet suit! Sludge, are you serious about the mouth wash? Sounds like that could burn??


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Ive had the same issue...cant seem to beat it in the suit...i get a shower and im good but the suit has a musky smell....

    BRANDON

  6. #6
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    A half cup in ten gallons of water is pretty well diluted. He did it after every trip. (I don't know if he peed in the suit - I don't want to know.)

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    I would recommend a highly effective disinfectant to kill whatever is causing that smell, most likely some form of bacteria. Here in Europe we have DES EW80.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Wash hair with shampoo, scrub body with soap and wash cloth, rinse, lather body with one of those fufu body wash teen things like axe soap, follow with cologne


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    For some reason, I don't really experience this. I refuse to pee in my wetsuit and was diving exclusively wet until about a month ago. Wayne @ Amigos turned me on to Odoban while trying to convince me to pee in my wetsuit (don't ask but I wish I recorded this conversation!)
    Anyhow, I've used it (though still not peeing in wetsuit) and the wetsuit actually smells pretty good! I use it in a tub of water with a small amount of Odoban but if you have the space (I live in an apt building), hang it up and use a sprayer (like for your lawn) that will create the mix automatically. This is what he does. The stuff is about $11/gallon at Home Depot.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  10. #10

    Default

    Mdax, your on the right trail, although currently, I lather repeat, lather repeat, lather repeat,..........you get the idea, maybe I need more AXE.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts