Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Cave Movie

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Great underwater videography, I too enjoyed catching the familiar cave diving nuances throught the movie. Did anyone else notice that desktop background on the laptop computer was of Diepolder II?
    http://www.karstproductions.com/Imag...diepolder.html
    At least I think that's what the image was - only the very edges were showing... Keith


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Oooops....I correct myself. It wasn't SkileScan, it was SkileSonics....either way it's only something cavedivers would have noticed. Pretty cool!

    My buddy and I really enjoyed the cave diving footage. The rest of the movie was sorta like "Sigourney Weaver Goes Cave Diving."

    Wes' did an awesome job with the videography and I found myself trying to detect Jill made up as the doubles as well.


  3. #13

    Default

    Saw the Skilesonics thing...thought it was a clever joke on Wes' part.
    My take on the movie was "Journey to the Center of the Earth"(I know, that's a REALLY old one!) crossed with "Alien", with all the "harrowing" sliding falls from one chamber to another.
    Love to get the burn time they had on those Slimeline H10's...and would like to see a rebreather that you can just throw on (and throw around!)and go like that!
    Also loved the "One in fourteen" comment at the beginning (one in fourteen cave divers die)....priceless!


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south of Atlanta
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus
    Also loved the "One in fourteen" comment at the beginning (one in fourteen cave divers die)....priceless!
    Actually, one hundred percent of cave divers will die. Eventually.

    MK7

    Always seek the advice of others, but NEVER let anyone else do your thinking for you.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    I watched the movie last night, and I enjoyed it. It was pretty much action packed for most of the movie. I even pooped myself a couple of times! My wife gave me this look when they said the one in fourteen deal, and I told her that's the first I have ever heard of that. But overall, it was a keeper.

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    159

    Default

    lol, i just got back from the movie. pretty good, but it had some pretty funny stuff in there

    1 in 14 cavers die every year (uuuuh, no)

    exploding scooter (havent used the Dive-Rite Arrow, but i doubt it explodes taht easy)

    dont think a rebreather with 2 20cubic foot tanks can last that long

    and
    I dont think i've ever seen fire in a cave, lol


  7. #17

    Default

    Mk 7 is obviously correct...HOWEVER, the best "death wish" cave diving scenario I ever heard was by Dennis Williams (explorer of Lucayan Caverns and many other Bahama cave systems)....it was... "I don't want to die in a cave, I want to die in the arms of a woman yet to be born"...........think about it?


  8. #18
    Guest

    Default

    When asked how he wanted to die, Johnny Carson said, "Smoke inhalation, immediately after blowing out 117 candles."

    Russell


  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus
    Saw the Skilesonics thing...thought it was a clever joke on Wes' part.
    Actually - the Skilesonic was something Wes was not aware of - it was a little surprise for him~in fact, the first viewing of the movie, he told us he didn't even see it!


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya
    Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus
    Saw the Skilesonics thing...thought it was a clever joke on Wes' part.
    Actually - the Skilesonic was something Wes was not aware of - it was a little surprise for him~in fact, the first viewing of the movie, he told us he didn't even see it!
    That was possibly the neatest item in the film...

    I think the movie would have been much better sans the monters and the rendition of hell that went with them... a simple story of cave divers trapped and how they get out, but since that story line doesn't include stuff blowing up and enough carnage and weird parasitical organisms that make humans mutate into something else... so it probably would not be of interest to the unwashed...

    Ah well....

    Loved the U/W photography, just as expected with Wes behind the camera...
    But then, I ramble....I will get the DVD, makes for a great Mystery Science Theater feature on Saturday night after diving.

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts