Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
Did you fly out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale? And did you stop over in Nassau, or get a direct hopper flight. Your insight into logistics may help others who would like to go.
United Airlines, Buffalo to Dulles to Lauderdale to Marsh Harbor. Not the cheapest or fastest connections. BUT... I've always had the superstision that if I stay with the SAME Airline, I've got less chance of luggage getting lost. I've always been afraid of luggage being transfered from one airline to another. United is the only airline that services both Buffalo and Marsh Harbor.

I plan on traveling with most of my own equipment, and just picking up tanks at Abaco. Not so much a cost consideration, although the price of luggage charges is a bit lower than rentals in Abaco. I just feel more comfortable with my own gear.