Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    53
    Posts
    58

    Default Great American Teach-In - Any posters/materials in Tampa that I can borrow?

    I'm taking part this year in the Great American Teach-In at my daughter's elementary school up in Lutz, just north of Tampa. I'm going to cart my drysuit in there, tanks, etc. and do a little SCUBA presentation.

    I thought it might be cool to talk a little bit about the springs, conservation, etc. Any of the Tampa folks have posters or other material that I might be able to borrow? Large, poster-size pictures of the springs would be great.

    The Teach In is Thursday. I know this is last minute, but thought I'd throw it out there.

    Thanks either way.

    Brian

    Brian

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    166

    Default

    I have some Powerpoint slides of the springs ("then" and now) and some related pictures (more historical in nature) that might work if you have a projector (or they can be printed out). If interested, PM me your phone number and we can discuss. I live just a few miles from Lutz

    Donn Kearns


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North of Tampa
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brianstclair View Post
    I'm taking part this year in the Great American Teach-In at my daughter's elementary school up in Lutz, just north of Tampa. I'm going to cart my drysuit in there, tanks, etc. and do a little SCUBA presentation.

    I thought it might be cool to talk a little bit about the springs, conservation, etc. Any of the Tampa folks have posters or other material that I might be able to borrow? Large, poster-size pictures of the springs would be great.

    The Teach In is Thursday. I know this is last minute, but thought I'd throw it out there.

    Thanks either way.

    Brian
    I did 2 Teach In today in Wesley Chapel, one was 3rd graders and the other was for 1st graders. Both were very good and the kids could ask question till your time is up. I didnt take my tanks with me because I was lazy and I didnt need them after all. The biggest hit of all my gear was my wet notes and then the dry suit, everyone thought it was great you could write underwater.

    I talked a little about conservation but that wasnt of much interest to them but I got a few good points in. I downloaded a video and showed about 3 mins of it before I talked about any gear and that worked well because they knew what I was talking about. My first class was 3rd graders and we talked for 45mins and the teachers were asking questions also, the 1st grade class wanted to tell more stories of shows they seen on Animal Plante. There was 4 classes each time that makes for a bunch of kids.

    I will defiantly do it again next year, have fun tomorrow.


  4. #4
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Freudian slip?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 06:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts