Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Guest

    Default Eagles Nest Update?

    Does anyone have a current update for Eagles Nest?


  2. #2

    Default

    I have some friends that did upstream 2 weeks ago today. They reported the basin as effectively zero and the upstream was 50' at the entrance to the Super Room.

    The conditions report can be found at http://www.tampaboating.com/sections...stem.asp?ID=26

    It would be great if you make a conditions report after you dive it as well.

    THANKS!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    As hot as the weather has been the last few weeks, it doesn't surprise me that the basin is full of algae bloom. I would think though that it would clear up by the time the entrance shaft is reached.


  4. #4
    Guest

    Default Re: Eagles Nest Update

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea
    It would be great if you make a conditions report after you dive it as well.
    Thanks Walter! I like how the conditions page is laid out. It’s very interactive, in the fact that it allows the user to do the cave condition updates. That’s something the users of the CDF have been asking for! I will do my best to update your site after my dives.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
    As hot as the weather has been the last few weeks, it doesn't surprise me that the basin is full of algae bloom. I would think though that it would clear up by the time the entrance shaft is reached.
    The Orlando area has had daily temperatures in the 90’s for over a month now and we have had lots of sun. Eagles Nest has probably had similar conditions.

    The last time I went, the basin had lots of algae mats, especially around the surface, and the visibility was degrading. We used the UV-26s after we reached the top of the silt mound (130’). We also saw “some algae” inside the cavern area, but it wasn’t as prevalent past about 160’.


  5. #5

    Default

    Chip, Thanks for the kind words. However, there seems to be some that would rather it not be used.

    This will only work if everyone uses it. I know it has already helped a few people already. Hopefully, after the weekend we will have more updates.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea
    This will only work if everyone uses it. I know it has already helped a few people already. Hopefully, after the weekend we will have more updates.
    I, for one, haven't posted any updates for caves I've recently dove mainly because you won't respond to my PM's....so I have no inclination to help you. Sorry dude, just speaking the truth.

    Mike


  7. #7

    Default

    Mike...You are right. I did not respond to your PM from 8.10.2005 regarding Little Salt as it got buried underneath another discussion. Please accept my apologies.

    Little Salt looks OK. The lines we in really bad shape and we are in the process of replacing them. I will be more than happy to take you out there once we get the lines replaced. Hopefully we will be finished tomorrow.

    Again, my apologies for not responding to your PM.

    Walter



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts