Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lava tubes

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Can
    Posts
    91

    Default Lava tubes

    I was reading about this....Anyone ever dive lava tubes. I've also heard of very few places in the world for this: Hawai and Iceland maybe the canary islands. Where would this be possible and interesting...???

    Bernie
    Naui 1994
    Naui advanced 1995
    TDI nitrox 1996
    Full cave NSS-CDS 1998
    Abe davies 2001
    IANTD trimix 2002

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I dove the Big Island about 4 years ago and found a nice lava tube while shore diving. It was just like a cavern except there were a couple holes in the ceiling. Interesting to be in a long tube like cavern in the ocean with salt water fish swimming around. IIRC, the tube was about 100 feet long. Worth doing if you are in the neighborhood, but, at least from my limited experience, not worth a trip just to dive a lava tube. I'm sure others will have different opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by bernieflyer View Post
    I was reading about this....Anyone ever dive lava tubes. I've also heard of very few places in the world for this: Hawai and Iceland maybe the canary islands. Where would this be possible and interesting...???


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default


    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Lava Tubes?
    By Chunky in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:58 AM
  2. speaking of lava tubes
    By deepairmike in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
  3. FS: SS UV18/26 Scooter (yes, both tubes and batteries)
    By Genesis in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts