Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11

    Default

    Arrived yesterday from Tucson. P1 today, Olsen & Peanut. Whoo hoo!!! (except for the primary light failure, but you can't have everything, and what's another $800....). 3 more days of diving the caves before I have to go back to work!

    "It was more than breathtaking, it was like having stumbled upon some alien cathedral on some other planet, which some otherworld race with their incomprehensible architecture and alien sculpture had ages past built, decorated, and dedicated to their unknowable God."
    James Jones. His Capitol M Manhood. In Down Time: Great Writers on Diving, 2nd ed.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Tammy, I hope our paths cross while we're in the area..... I'll be the stunningly average looking midwesterner.

    Tracy, You'd better make time for me....

    Psych..... I'm jealous.... what else can I say!


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    123

    Default

    We are already discussing moving to FL next year after my wife finishes up school. Hate the cold, and dont ask why we chose to live in Maine....

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Watch out! We did the same thing in 2004 and ever since have spent all of our vacation time and most of our discretionary income on cave diving! Plus the persistent and intrusive fantasies of moving to someplace on a back road in Suwannee County...


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I can relate--I'm already getting twitchy about a return trip to Mexico in November.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Watch out! We did the same thing in 2004 and ever since have spent all of our vacation time and most of our discretionary income on cave diving! Plus the persistent and intrusive fantasies of moving to someplace on a back road in Suwannee County...
    Hey , why not Columbia County?

    Beano

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Westrn KY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Bix View Post
    Tammy, I hope our paths cross while we're in the area..... I'll be the stunningly average looking midwesterner.
    Just look for my faded yellow & orange drysuit.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDiver View Post
    Arrived yesterday from Tucson. P1 today, Olsen & Peanut. Whoo hoo!!! (except for the primary light failure, but you can't have everything, and what's another $800....). 3 more days of diving the caves before I have to go back to work!
    Your primary failed! Oh no! I will be staying in the bunk room at the Dive Outpost so if I don't see you out diving I will see you back there. I'm looking forward to this weekend, I think! LoL! Wish me luck.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Bix View Post
    I'm going bonkers waiting for the 20th to get here. I'll be headed down to start diving on or around the 21st at Madison and moving south to the usual suspects LR, Ginnie, WSPSSP, etc... I have to spend a few meager hours working while I'm in the area but as of right now I can't keep my mind on work anyhow..... Am I sick? yeah prolly but what's a mother to do??? Can somebody speed up time for a couple weeks? Oh yeah and if anybody needs any gear moved from the Chicago area or anywhere along the way or back when and if I come back north just let me know I'm only too happy to help out.
    I feel your Pain. Our group is coming on 10/3. Did you ever notice it takes forever for the time to pass to go cave diving, but once your there it goes by so fast??


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeandiver View Post
    Hey , why not Columbia County?

    Beano
    I'd love to live next door to you, Beano!


  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Bix View Post
    I'm going bonkers waiting for the 20th to get here. I'll be headed down to start diving on or around the 21st at Madison and moving south to the usual suspects LR, Ginnie, WSPSSP, etc... I have to spend a few meager hours working while I'm in the area but as of right now I can't keep my mind on work anyhow..... Am I sick? yeah prolly but what's a mother to do??? Can somebody speed up time for a couple weeks? Oh yeah and if anybody needs any gear moved from the Chicago area or anywhere along the way or back when and if I come back north just let me know I'm only too happy to help out.
    I know the feeling we are planning on coming down mid October. The wait sucks.



 

Similar Threads

  1. full cave in 2 weeks
    By Ann in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts