Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: E-bay problem

  1. #21

    Default update

    I talked with the USPS rep today. I was refunded my shipping cost and given the number for the local sorting facility supervisor. The package made 3 stops on the way to NY not including the local post office in NY or my local post office. I will call tomarrow and maybe get lucky and the escape took place locally. I also was given the number to a lost and found supervisor and was e-mailed a form to e-mail back. I am to attach pic's of the damaged box and items sent. Apparently when items are found out of their box on the floor, hung up in sorters or in baskets that line the line they are all sent periodically to a central lost and found location. If they get a match then it will be returned to me. I was warned that their is no follow up communication and it can take months if successfull. The rep added that the box I used most likly was not damaged from the inside by my item. He guessed that my box was hit by an outside force and tore my box open.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Insurance seems so worthless until you want it.

    Last edited by Sludge; 08-31-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: removed profanity

  3. #23
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Coast of Arizona
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter View Post
    I'm pretty sure the USPS stamps something on damaged packages, not just put tape over it. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I suspect something with the buyer. Still, the right thing to do was 100% refund. BTW, what's the buyer's reputation and feedback on eBay?
    Not in my mail order experience . . . .

    Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

    "If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I always add the insurance and the tracking number and charge the buyer for them. One time an ebay buyer told me my shipping was "much higher" than other's and wanted me to reduce it. I said I'd be happy to reduce the shipping cost by removing the tracking number and insurance as long as he agreed in writing that if the package got lost or stolen he would not ask me for a refund. I also pointed out that the extra few bucks seemed worth it to me just for the peace of mind. He paid the shipping as I originally stated it. I sent him a copy of the USPS website where I figured the cost to ship so he could see for himself my shipping was exactly as USPS would charge me. Always add the insurance and tracking number, or ask for a written agreement that buyer understands no refund in event of loss.

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Kidde compressor (Tampa Bay)
    By loquat149 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
  2. Trusted Hydro Station in Tampa Bay Area?
    By Greenwood_60 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts