Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11

    Default

    Would there be free lodging and food involved?


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    If you think you can get mu metal, I am sure I can find some investors
    If you can get Ken to build some more pingers, I would be interested in contributing to the Mumetal fund. I could use one more pinger out here. Can signals from Brian's coils be received by Ken's receiver?

    Bahamas Underground
    www.bahamasunderground.com
    Bahamas Caves Research Foundation
    www.bahamascaves.com
    Phone: (242) 359-6128

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kakuk View Post
    If you can get Ken to build some more pingers, I would be interested in contributing to the Mumetal fund. I could use one more pinger out here. Can signals from Brian's coils be received by Ken's receiver?
    Probably not. I think they are designed to run on different frequencies. Ken built three pingers, and they are all on different frequencies, that is why there is a three position knob on the receiver.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    They have a pretty large minimum order.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #15

    Default

    Been wanting to test our new pinger


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea View Post
    Andy Pitkin made a few (self leveling) for some Karst Underwater Research (http://www.karstunderwwaterreseach.org) projects. We used them in Texas at Phantom and they were great. The receiver is still the same disc receiver though.
    Actually, I didn't build the transmitter, just the battery pack/timer system. I think it's a Brian Pease transmitter, housed by Joel at Light Monkey. The receiver is definitely a Brian Pease unit.

    Ken did publish his design. I meant to build a few but never got around to it. I have the details somewhere on my hard drive.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kakuk View Post
    If you can get Ken to build some more pingers, I would be interested in contributing to the Mumetal fund. I could use one more pinger out here. Can signals from Brian's coils be received by Ken's receiver?
    Why not just use a loop antenna? They're cheap and you can level them with a couple of bubble levels?

    Jason Gulley

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    If you think you can get mu metal, I am sure I can find some investors
    Now you're talking! Yes, Jon we need someone like you to make boards, etc. We know there's interest in the use of radio location devices, and calling it a "market" might be a stretch, but having a run on circuit boards, and small receivers would be a good start. We used one of Ken S's pingers up in KY a couple years ago, and we need one next week, but could not coordinate it on time. Hands down I'm interested in having a few built. Contact me if you want to talk about it.


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    So, how about a quick run-down of the types of environments that people want to use these in? I'd like to have something versatile and modifiable, but I'll contact Pease and see what he thinks we should use.

    So for starters, I'd like mine for a variety of situations, but for starters:
    5-20m of rock, salt water up to 5m. Same in freshwater with more overburden.

    -Jon


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    So, how about a quick run-down of the types of environments that people want to use these in? I'd like to have something versatile and modifiable, but I'll contact Pease and see what he thinks we should use.

    So for starters, I'd like mine for a variety of situations, but for starters:
    5-20m of rock, salt water up to 5m. Same in freshwater with more overburden.

    -Jon
    Ken uses his pingers in the Nullarbor, and the overburden is 100m, and the water up to 30m deep.. It is pretty dry, though. Brian uses air core, or ferrite, Ken uses mu metal. Have you seen one of Ken's pingers? They are much more compact that any of Brian's.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts