Sometimes it's easier to ship things to the motel where you are going to be, just ship them early enough that you can confirm their arrival before you leave and have it insured of course. That way you don't have to worry about the weight too.
You have to be careful I have "lost" an aviation O2 bottle trying to fly with it. Apparently the regulation is you have to have the valve out, and that's not happening very easily with tapered threads like in an aviation O2 bottle, I can see "losing" battery packs the same way because a TSA idiot doesn't know their own regulations. Years ago I flew to Cyprus to do some work and dive the wreck there, The TSA folks essentially freaked out on the two soft weights I had, nothing else bothered them, but they really freaked out on the soft weights, never explained why.