Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: Bottom Timers

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    IIRC, Sheck mentioned in Caverns using Casio watches in his crazy deep dives. Something about expensive watches always failing before their rated depth, but the cheap casios made it much deeper than rated.
    i use casio. flooded at least two timex models before making the switch for good


  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    If you are only using it for a BT then set the O2 at 50%. Deco will be way off but it will never lock you out because of violating it. Just ignore the flashing O2 graph and go.
    Good point. Although if it's anything like my backup, it will spend the entire dive beeping at you.

    You could always sell the VEO on ebay, and pick up a used Duo or even a VR3 for a little more.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
    Which one? I can't find a watch that doesn't flood, my Luminox has twice, now I don't put it in the water.
    I don't know, it just says "ironman". It's at home, I'm wearing my seiko today.


  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    59
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    Good point. Although if it's anything like my backup, it will spend the entire dive beeping at you.

    You could always sell the VEO on ebay, and pick up a used Duo or even a VR3 for a little more.
    The sound can be turned off on the Oceanics, I used one for years before I got my VR3's. I wish I could do that with my Citizen, it goes crazy with my ascent rate to my deep stop. It also beeps every time I lift my arm to check my computers on deco. Funny side note: Everything I read about the Citizen before I bought it said it is rated to 200 meters. After buying it I find the depth gauge only reads to 250 feet. Most of my deep stops are 240 or shallower but some are deeper which makes it rather useless as a back up bottom timer. Still have the run time but that doesn't do much good if you can't hit your stop depths. Both VR'3's have been completely reliable, knock on wood, so I just depend on at least one working when the first stop is deeper than the Citizens limit.

    Bobby

    The Light Dude
    Innovation through exploration

    Local Zip Code Diver


 

Similar Threads

  1. Tanks,Timers etc...
    By Dean Marshall in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. 2 uwatech bottom timers with wrist straps
    By fladiverdown in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
  3. Old Timers Day at Troy Springs May 17th
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
  4. OLD TIMERS DAY - Troy Spring State Park
    By Dwain in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 08:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts