Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    29

    Default Cave Diving S Korea

    Well I am on my way to S Korea for a year and just wanted to know what there is for all kinds if diving.


  2. #2

    Default

    Daehag Kim knows South Korea...anyone know how to contact Day Hog? NOT Night Hog

    PS Thanks for your service & GOOD Job this week in your cave classes....


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    I only did one tour 99-2000 and I'm unaware of any kind of diving in the ROK. What's your MOS? Any clue as to where you will be stationed?


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Osan AFB I do training and logistics.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    You can try Daehag's webpage. There is a place to leave messages. http://daehagkim.com/
    He also checks messages here every so often. His last login was April 17th.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Osan AFB I do training and logistics.
    Osan is a good assignment, great shopping right out the gate. If you don't mind when you get over there I'd love to be able to get some more "mink" blankets. My mission was to fly over the yellow sea, and it's shallow and water quality vis wise was real bad.
    Way down south on the other coast it was much better. Osan of course is right on the yellow sea.
    Good luck on diving, I wish you luck


  7. #7

    Default

    I don't know that there are any caves to dive in Korea, but the OW diving is decent in Jeju Island. Sogweipo(sp), at the southern end of Jeju Island, has quite a few dive shops. One is owned by a German guy named Ralph. http://www.bigblue33.co.kr/ I had a better time diving with the Koreans though. Lots of little fish and stuff to look at. The water in Jeju was much colder in July than in September. They also have a submarine down there that takes people out for tours, but we did not try it.

    There is an aquarium in Pusan that does a shark dive, if you want to call it a dive. They don't give you fins, and the entire dive is spent walking around at the bottom of the aquarium.

    Enjoy Korea. I might end up back over that way in the next year or so...


  8. #8
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    It's not diving, but do check out the amethyst mines tours. I was able to at least get my overhead fix there Take a light or two. They don't mind you going "off path" at all, over the entire property.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  9. #9
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Daehag Kim is the man! But if you need another contact, contact Poby Han at [email protected] . He is currently running a dive shop out of the country, but goes home often. Great cave diver, hates Pizza Hut Supreme Pizzas; just loves rice...

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, nc
    Posts
    89

    Default

    1) Prep your liver 2)get ready for ocean diving, my friends say watch out for the tides and vis can be great...or horrible. Haven't heard anything about caves...info was from army lt col that did my padi idc if you want his info

    Benjamin Kuster


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cave diving BC
    By Greycardinal in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts