Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N FL, HI, MA
    Posts
    144

    Default WTB Drysuit hanger

    In FL cave country, want to buy drysuit hanger. (Figured I'd try here before buying retail).


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    La Crosse, WI
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I recommend the Underwater Kinetics HangAir. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it is excellent.
    http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/h...-drying-system


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Distant Zipcode Diver
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Thanks, been considering this or similar, was wondering how it performed.

    Semper Questio ~ Semper Fidelis

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Navarre Beach, FL
    Age
    53
    Posts
    51

    Default

    3-4Ft of 3" PVC pipe and some rope. Slide it in through one arm , it holds up the shoulders and doesn't stress the zipper. Drill a couple holes spaced about 6 inches apart and hang throught the neck...Doesn't get any better than that.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Distant Zipcode Diver
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I was more looking for something to dry out a. flood our leak overnight on the road in hotels, when home it hangs inside out on the bar of my kayak trailer one day, flip it the next. Not sold, but considering.

    Semper Questio ~ Semper Fidelis

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Distant Zipcode Diver
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I've had luck putting it inside out and over the back of a. chair next to my hotel air conditioning vent.

    Chris,
    Does it only run when plugged in, or does it hold a charge?

    Semper Questio ~ Semper Fidelis

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N FL, HI, MA
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    I recommend the Underwater Kinetics HangAir. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it is excellent.
    http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/h...-drying-system
    I have one of those and love it. It travels with me (by car) across FL, and makes a great white noise generator thus rendering whatever hell the football fans in the hotel hallway are raising significantly less annoying.

    I'm just looking for a second hanger for the times when both my drysuits are wet or guests are in town.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N FL, HI, MA
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sideways View Post
    3-4Ft of 3" PVC pipe and some rope. Slide it in through one arm , it holds up the shoulders and doesn't stress the zipper. Drill a couple holes spaced about 6 inches apart and hang throught the neck...Doesn't get any better than that.
    Thanks for the idea. Back to the cave diving isle at Home Depot.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    La Crosse, WI
    Posts
    37

    Default

    The hangair is plug in only, but I have a 12VDC plug for the power outlet in the car.



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Women's Drysuit; XS-S
    By Danseur in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
  2. WTB Drysuit
    By SkimFisher in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
  3. WTB drysuit
    By titolee in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
  4. WTB: XL drysuit undergarment
    By pdoege in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 06:17 PM
  5. WTB DUI drysuit
    By Xstream in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 05:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts