Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106
  1. #81

    Default

    Maybe a Captain that says "I've been thinking" or the Private who says "Don't worry, I learned this in basic training"


  2. #82
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    63. The most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass. (posted in jest, with apologies to all 2nd Lts, I will gladly carry your tanks to make up for any offense)

    From: http://www.military-quotes.com/murphy.htm

    #76 probably also applies

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Number 3 is a Staff Sergeant saying I need a volunteer. I love asking for those!!!!

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    God's truth, In My basic training we came up on a 2nd Lt. standing on the hood of a jeep, trying to shoot an Azimuth. He couldn't figure out why his compass wasn't working correctly, standing on 2,000 lbs of steel. Being Pvt., I didn't know what to say, even a Pvt knew why we took the steel pot off to use a compass.


  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
    God's truth, In My basic training we came up on a 2nd Lt. standing on the hood of a jeep, trying to shoot an Azimuth. He couldn't figure out why his compass wasn't working correctly, standing on 2,000 lbs of steel. Being Pvt., I didn't know what to say, even a Pvt knew why we took the steel pot off to use a compass.
    lol! Nice. One of the classes I teach is Land Nav, dismounted and mounted. I have actually seen a 2LT get upset because he was trying to use his compass inside of an uparmored Humvee. SMH.

    When two of my 1LT's here were getting dive certified I was shooting video of the class. I gave them hell in the navigation portion of it.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txapacheguy View Post
    Maybe a Captain that says "I've been thinking" or the Private who says "Don't worry, I learned this in basic training"
    LOL. I have heard those as well for #3. Of course so many scary things are said in the military it's hard to keep track of them all. I love when a fresh out of AIT Private comes to me and says "But Staff Sergeant, in basic we were told (insert any crazy comment here)", or you here a group of them telling "war stories". God I miss those days sometimes.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I'm not falling for it.

    This thread is just one big troll to get all the smart a$$e$ on one list.


  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    You fell for it. Welcome. It's going to be a fun ride.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I'm not falling for it...
    Seems to me that you just "bit"

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    DOH!



 

Similar Threads

  1. Civil Discourse
    By skip in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
  2. Stay Civil or else...
    By imported_admin in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts