Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 106
  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Mat on this one.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	hell-freezes-over.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	6235
    Click image for larger version

Name:	When_Hell_Freezes_Over.-utn6s3-d.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	6236

    Last edited by CaveMD; 04-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.

  2. #52
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You too could get banned
    But I DID say Bless His Heart!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaveMD View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Mat on this one.
    I don't.

    9/11....... I remember .........

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    I don't.
    Was it the "grow a pair" part?


  5. #55
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    That sounds more like a prize then a punishment.
    LOL, come say that on THIS side of the Straits I look forward to meeting ya!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Was it the "grow a pair" part?
    I believe there has been a fair share of pile on Jersey among the forums. I also believe you dont catch me whining. I also believe I hold my own. My "pair" is long intact.

    I just dont need to show them to everyone every time I post.

    Last edited by JerseyJersey; 04-13-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    9/11....... I remember .........

  7. #57
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Was it the "grow a pair" part?
    Nah, that part's easy! ---> How-to-grow-a-pair

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    However, let me say this about our existing moderators... THEY ARE THE BEST. I trust them and don't ever have to stay up late worrying about the forum... I'm just trying to make their job easier and more clear on how to handle the unruly.



    Here are some options for them to utilize... just so everyone knows...

    1) Moderators to use the BLACK Bar more often to edit out offensive comments... ban the user if they get persistent...

    2) Moderators to edit out the whole offending post... they move it to a Deletes log...

    3) Moderators to ban the member when they are OBVIOUSLY out of control... for a month or more.

    4) Make the offenders new moderators. It's worked before....

    5) Create the Moderator Assassins. These 'special agents' will be tasked to kill off the uncivil members. They will get their orders via private PMs from the 'Cave Police'

    ***

    where do we apply for the assassin position?


  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    I think that the CDF, as it is, is very well moderated. It has a higher signal to noise ratio than any other forum I've been on. There's always a balance to be struck between over-moderation and a free-for-all, and I think that the CDF hits it about right. Most folks realize that the less civil you are, the less credibility you have, so the occasional episodes of incivility tend to be self-correcting. I'm not a moderator, (or an immoderator, like Shirley!) but a forum that lets people be who they are (within very wide limits) is a lot more informative than one that's either too lightly or too tightly moderated.

    Mike
    I gotta agree. I think of the boards i'm a member of, this board seems to be the best well rounded board. The mods seem to be respectful and don't do too little or too much. Sure there are people who irritate the crap out of me, but even idiots have the right to be heard. As it stands, I'm not sure I'd change anything. In the words of Hancock "Good Job!"


  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaveMD View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Mat on this one.




    Attachment 6235
    Attachment 6236
    That pic is awesome! LOL

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Civil Discourse
    By skip in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
  2. Stay Civil or else...
    By imported_admin in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts