Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 106
  1. #41

    Default

    Agreed but on the other hand I hope this forum never becomes a Politicaly correct forum where people become too sensitive and cannot take harsh critisizm because they're feelings might get hurt.

    I really enjoy all the heated debates posted here and I hope many of you never agree with me and answer my strong opinions with even stronger ones (backed up by facts of course), i hope you answer my sometimes harsh critisizm with even harsher and borderline offensive critisizm, I hope you won't be all polite and mindful of my feelings like poofters when you post and that you will be funny, insulting, informative and inteligent all at the same time.

    I hope all you guys will find creative ways to use offensive language if needed like Kurt calling me a female dog instead of a b!tch because he would get censored, that was epic and I hope we will be able to continue to post at least at this level of "censorship" and that it will not be taken a notch higher to avoid offending sensitive feelings.

    Arguing is good and if we all agreed and wet all right all the time we would all be diving Razor's

    Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

  2. #42
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    I think that the CDF, as it is, is very well moderated. It has a higher signal to noise ratio than any other forum I've been on. There's always a balance to be struck between over-moderation and a free-for-all, and I think that the CDF hits it about right. Most folks realize that the less civil you are, the less credibility you have, so the occasional episodes of incivility tend to be self-correcting. I'm not a moderator, (or an immoderator, like Shirley!) but a forum that lets people be who they are (within very wide limits) is a lot more informative than one that's either too lightly or too tightly moderated.

    Mike
    I totally agree, this forum has by far the best balance in moderation v. discussion. Anyone been to Rebreather World lately? It is bordering on disgusting.

    So thanks to all the moderators, except Sludge. Since he deleted on "Pope in the woods" joke one time, lol.


  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Ken,not to worry TJ has been digitized and forever lives on someone's server,Max Headroom-ish
    Lulz, a max-reference!

    Kickin it oldschool.


  4. #44
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    You DO know that he got his name from a sign on an overpass, right?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
    Down South, you can say anything you like about a person as long as you preface it with "bless their heart" or similar.
    That's so true. I use that all time.

    Bless their heart they couldn't find their way out of a wet paperbag.


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nlhelg

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  6. #46
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    That Tony is the BIGGEST doofus head I have ever met. Bless his heart.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    That Tony is the BIGGEST doofus head I have ever met. Bless his heart.
    You too could get banned

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    FWIW, if you want this forum to become a snoozefest, go ahead and push people to be PC.

    As it is, CDF is already more censored than regular network television. I personally think the censorship should be relaxed a bit more.








    The overly PC'ng of America is IMO on par with the notion that everyone is a winner, everyone is owed something, so lets celebrate mediocrity and obilish diversity.

    Grow a pair.


  9. #49
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I vote all banned members have to be my tank bi...errr...tank sherpa for 6 weeks prior to reinstatement.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    I vote all banned members have to be my tank bi...errr...tank sherpa for 6 weeks prior to reinstatement.
    That sounds more like a prize then a punishment.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Civil Discourse
    By skip in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
  2. Stay Civil or else...
    By imported_admin in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts