Does anyone have any recent information on diva-able caves in Jamaica?
Does anyone have any recent information on diva-able caves in Jamaica?
phillip went there and didn't found any really diveable yet
Cristian Pittaro
www.neptunoworld.com
and don't forget to check out my MiniSpools
http://www.dr-ss.com Dominican Republic Speleological Society
http://la-hispaniola.com Free maps for Dominican Republic and Haiti for Garmin GPS's
I was told by an OW diver that lived and worked there for a few years that there are coral sea caves, doesn't match what you want, but you may get some info from locals.
Semper Questio ~ Semper Fidelis
Actually we roamed around the entire island for two weeks and did find a bunch of sink holes and flooded caves but none really went anywhere, I was told by some super serious dry cavers there that most caves in Jamaica are flank margin caves and have no flooded horizontal development.
We did find a few springs but they all ended up choking after a few hundred meters or so.
From what I have seen Jamaica is more of a serious dry caving destination the Jamaica Caves Organization do some major dry cave explorations there, there might be some big flooded systems there but I think chances are very slim.
I think that there must be some flooded caves to dive somewhere in Jamaica but it would be really hard to find them and it is actually even rougher than the DR IMO not really worth the trip to cave dive but worth it to go to, Jamaica is really cool.
A short video of the trip we did there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzRv7Ax191I
Dominican Republic Speleological Society
http://dr-ss.com
Aquavista Films LLC.
http://www.aquavistafilms.com
Bookmarks