Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 43 of 43
  1. #41
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwain
    Cave Ring.... that would be a ring that is lost in the cave. Then you have to go home to the wife and tell her that you lost a ring.
    I'm still waiting on the picture of her reaction when you told her this... (twice)...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Davey
    If you're going to side mount you will need to get the cave rings as well.
    What are cave rings?

    Russell
    Atomic has a castlilated nut that holds their diaphrams in the second stage. They require a special tool to get them out. The cave ring replaces that nut with stainless steel threaded doohickey that can be tightened and loosened by hand. That way, if you fill your reg with muck you can clear it underwater without special tools. Also makes the reg slightly negative so it doesn't float away on you.

    ...Much worse, is the person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, he is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so by the exertions of better men than he.

  3. #43
    Guest

    Default

    I didn't know that. We lost our Authorized Dealer status several years ago.

    Russell



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts