Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default Looking for Oceanic Din Conversion Kits

    Does anyone have any Oceanic DIN conversion kits for sale? I need to convert my regs to DIN. In my search for tanks I've noticed that some takes have valves that say 200 and some say 300. I don't want to get the wrong kit so is one of these valves more standard than the other or does it even matter. Thanks.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    300 DIN regulators will work with both 200 and 300 tank valves. 200 regulators will work only with 200 valves. The only difference is the length of the threaded part, (300 is longer) and a 200 regulator won't be long enough to hit bottom in a 300 valve.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    I always go with 300 DIN regs because of the reason mentioned above by MORGAN. As for tanks, I prefer a 300 Bar valve, but do own a couple of 200 bar on my AL80's.

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  4. #4
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    As far as finding DIN fittings to convert your regs, they are expensive (something like eighty bucks apiece) and used ones are rare. Seriously, you would come out much better financially to get on eBay and sell your yoke regs to some unsuspecting open water diver (that was a joke) and buy some DIN regs.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #5
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    890

    Default

    +1 for Sludge

    Get rid of those regs and buy something that was made for cave diving. Plus you can't buy 200 bar DIN for your regs in the US anymore or anywhere for that matter I think.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    It depends on which regs they are. If it's an FDX-10 reg, it's pricey. If it's a cdx-5 or sport, it's pretty cheap. Actually, if memory serves, only the FDX-10 regs are pricey, the rest are pretty normal. Email me [email protected] and I'll show you which ones to get. I don't currently have any, but can point you in the right direction.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Piranha has some reasonably priced. Would they work?

    http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/item/Y...Converter-2235

    When you're there you know there's a There there.
    Jobst Brandt

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    As far as finding DIN fittings to convert your regs, they are expensive (something like eighty bucks apiece) and used ones are rare. Seriously, you would come out much better financially to get on eBay and sell your yoke regs to some unsuspecting open water diver (that was a joke) and buy some DIN regs.
    LoL! I was that unsuspecting open water diver once. Now I'm the unsuspecting cave diver wannabe!


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scububa View Post
    Piranha has some reasonably priced. Would they work?

    http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/item/Y...Converter-2235
    That's a very good price if DIN converters are universal and don't necessarily require that you get one specific for the brand of regulator. The Oceanic specific ones I've found have been around $75.


  10. #10

    Default

    I emailed Piranha a while back and they do not have a list of regulators that those fit. They are definitely not universal though.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK


 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: scubapro 300 bar din conversion kit
    By LiteHedded in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
  3. WTB. Din Conversion
    By Reddiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
  4. FS Oceanic OmegaII 1st 2nd 9ft hose din
    By zman1372 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 09:08 PM
  5. DIN conversion kit for Scubapro MK3
    By Bob Cree in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts