Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6

    Default



  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Wear it around your neck with the lenses facing the back.

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  3. #23
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    My buddy is wearing it He just doesn't realize it

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  4. #24

    Default

    I use a Deep Outdoors mask pocket on my harness. I'm not sure they make this one anymore, but I'm pretty sure have an extra one. $10 plus shipping gets it.


    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uni_mask_pocket.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	5345  


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Nice Shirley!

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    My buddy is wearing it He just doesn't realize it

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I have used a legstrap style Dive Rite pouch and it is ok but it does still move around a bit and can feel restrictive if I get it tight enough to stay put.

    I then went ahead a nd glued a pocket on to the thigh of my Scuba Pro Nova Scotia semi dry suit. Worst mistake I ever made. It totally ruined the fit of my suit. It glued on fine, but what I didn't figure was that the entire area it glued too would no longer stretch.

    That caused all kind of problems. I couldn't get that leg up high enough on my thigh. that kept the back pulled down tight and would cause my neck seal to break every time I leaned forward. It was awfull and made me hate wearing that suit.

    Luckily it started to peel off in one corner and I peeled it off the rest of the way leaving no damage. I had used Cotol and all that but it still came off.

    Now the suit fits great again and I absolutely love it once again.

    Now I am using the SP Hybrid shorts with two pockets and I am very happy with them. I didn't think I would like them at first because the pockets are made of stretch fabric. I found that I really like that though because it helps to keep the pocket nice and streamlined.

    Anyways, I'll never glue a pocket on a wetsuit again.


  7. #27

    Default

    Just out of curiosity is there anyone out there who does not carry a spare mask.


  8. #28
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    I never have. Not saying I never will, but...

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaRob View Post
    Just out of curiosity is there anyone out there who does not carry a spare mask.
    I rarely do, fwiw.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chattanooga Tn. / HighSprings FLA.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    296

    Default

    one member of the team does. at least when we don't forget it that is.

    Jeff Haley


 

Similar Threads

  1. never wet Dive Rite LED 700 / OMS analyzer
    By whodunit68 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:01 PM
  2. Sidemount configuration for rebreather divers
    By cedricverdier in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts