Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Cool Glenwood Springs................Spring Cave & there are others

    What you like to know ? I spent the better part of my life in the Rockies of Colorado & New Mexico, & there are abundent caves in Both Colorado, NM & Utah. Do not leave your gear in Florida like I did up in Gainesville, where someone ripped off over $4,000.00 worth of customized cave diving gear ! Take it with you, there are a several NSS Grottos in Colorado who will be happy to line you up to do whatever kind of diving or exploration you are interested in. Write them or e-mail them for information. Google...NSS/CDS for links. I found numerous flooded silver mines at high alttitude along with several dry caves as well....Fulford cave is one such with both sumps & dry passages.
    The best part of Colorado is that you have an abundance of activites to pursue.
    Enjoy it & live it. You will never be sorry.

    Jack


  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txapacheguy View Post
    I live near Colorado Springs, and travel quite a bit to do any decent diving. I have done Rock Lake and Blue Hole in New Mexico a few times, yet no caves to dive there (Rock Lake kind of "bells" out as you go deeper and I think there are a few articles on these diving forums about someone doing a UTD Overhead Protocols class there). The cold weather here presents the opportunity to go ice diving in quite a few different areas if you are inclined to do so.

    I dove the Pueblo Reservoir last weekend to check out a new (to me) drysuit with 27 degree outside air temp, 45 degree water, and 12 to 18 inch visibility. That was the best I could manage without driving more than two hours from home or getting into a heated pool.

    What part of CO are you planning to relocate to?
    I'm currently trying to get a job with Arapahoe County. So I have been looking at Centennial, Littleton and Lakewood area so far.

    No Comment

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    What you like to know ? I spent the better part of my life in the Rockies of Colorado & New Mexico, & there are abundent caves in Both Colorado, NM & Utah. Do not leave your gear in Florida like I did up in Gainesville, where someone ripped off over $4,000.00 worth of customized cave diving gear ! Take it with you, there are a several NSS Grottos in Colorado who will be happy to line you up to do whatever kind of diving or exploration you are interested in. Write them or e-mail them for information. Google...NSS/CDS for links. I found numerous flooded silver mines at high alttitude along with several dry caves as well....Fulford cave is one such with both sumps & dry passages.
    The best part of Colorado is that you have an abundance of activites to pursue.
    Enjoy it & live it. You will never be sorry.

    Jack
    Are the caves sumps or spring caves?


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    In Fulford Cave , the passage ways have waterfalls & sumps both. In Spring cave, they are mainly sumps. I've never dove Spring, but that are posts on both the CDS & the NSS Speleogy issues.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Fulford Cave does have a waterfall. When I was in it a few years ago I did not find any sumps or diveable areas. I have not been in Spring Cave but I have spoken to a diver who has. He wouldn't dive it again. I understand there is quite a difficult walk before you get to the sump. Both caves were closed last summer due to White Nose fungus that was affecting the bats.
    To my knowledge there is no cave off of the springs in Glenwood Springs. It is a hot spring. Google for more info.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Strawberry Park, Colorado
    By mfsmith1964 in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 06:31 PM
  2. St Mary's Glacier, Colorado
    By JE in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts