Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    High Springs, Fl
    Posts
    66

    Default No-mount cave diving video

    Hey everyone,

    I have been redesigning my website and I posted a no-mount cave video that I shot several years ago in Wisconsin. The video quality isn't stellar because I decided to sacrifice quality for playability. I thought some of you may enjoy seeing this. http://superiordivetraining.com/videos-2


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Mole hole junkies!

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Great visibility and good flow! Does it open up further in or it just pinches down?


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    High Springs, Fl
    Posts
    66

    Default

    It stays like that for around 500ft. We couldn't get the camera past the first major restriction "The Cheese Grater" that you see in the video.


  5. #5

    Default

    Wow, I got claustrophobic just watching that!

    Scott


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Age
    78
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Well, at least I wouldn't get blisters on my toes from finning there!

    That is just unf____ing unbelievable. I always wonder how one would know that pushing further wouldn't result in landing in a place where backing out and/or turning wouldn't work.

    "Breathe in, breathe out, move one." - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    High Springs, Fl
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Someone told me that the original exploration was done with a hooka rig and a very long hose. Now that's crazy!


  8. #8

    Default

    So, what happens if you have to abort the dive? Is there anywhere you can turn around and head out facing the exit?


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vonore, TN
    Age
    68
    Posts
    136

    Default

    I got caught telling a lie to our local shop owner that he'd never catch me diving in caves...that was two years ago...just got my Cavern and Intro first of last month, and love it. However, I can safely say you'll never catch me diving those kinds of restrictions. When the Peanut Tunnel at Peacock was described to me (pre-class), I had worries about diving it. The Peanut Tunnel ended up being my favorite part of Peacock, but this video makes the Peanut look like a wide open gallery!

    I take it that "The Cheese Grater" was where the diver had to remove his helmet to get thru? Hard core stuff!

    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'

  10. #10

    Default

    Man my squirels were flying on that one. I would have been pointing at my head and giving you the one finger loop on the entry. Thanks for sharing Richard. Post some more vids.. We want to see..

    I still want to conquer that jump you took Tia and I to in Madison that my squirels started flying. Man it was fun I just wish my head would have stayed in it.

    Last edited by shagyluke; 11-30-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts