Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Some people just have all the fun....

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  2. #22
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I've never had a problem in Mexico, mainland or on Cozumel. Downtown Orlando....now THERE is a scary place!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    I've never had a problem in Mexico, mainland or on Cozumel. Downtown Orlando....now THERE is a scary place!
    ya think downtown is scary.............try the Wild Wild West in Pine{crime} Hills, where if you drive at nite your windows better be bullet proof ! Eatonville & Sanford are worse !
    Mexico or anywhere outside of the USA or Canada I have no desire to explore. There are places here in our country I have not even seen yet ! & Caves galore !


  4. #24

    Default

    keep your dollars at home..dive locally...travel in conus..The US economy is in trouble and we can support it by not spending our $ ouside the USA.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    561

    Default

    +1!


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Just spent a week diving the cenotes between Playa and Tulum and yeah, there is a lot more police presence and checkpoints. We never ran into any trouble. Cab prices vary significantly between drivers and you'd better have some pesos as well as USD.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I spent two weeks down there. I had absolutely no trouble and everybody that I ran into were very friendly. It's amazing what a smile and trying to speak the native tongue will do. I felt safer in Tulum than I have in some US cities.


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Age
    54
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I travel regularly to Mexico and have nothing but good experiences.


  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    keep your dollars at home..dive locally...travel in conus..The US economy is in trouble and we can support it by not spending our $ ouside the USA.
    another wise thought. I always try to spend my dollars with my friends and other companies that have treated me well.
    As far as corruption goes its everywhere. I witnessed it Mexico, and its worse there because it's not America. An we are a land of laws. However, then again have been shacked down in LA, New Orleans and other places. I even had a Texas State trooper who after seaching my rent-a-wreck and not finding nothing made me sing "yellow rose of texas" I said "excuse me officer?" He then said slowly and carefully so I'd understand while he leaned on his gun "I want you to sing The Yellow Rose of Texas" I said " Sorry Sir I don't know it" He replied "Well boy then I'll teach it to you". So there is was along the side of the road singing Yellow Rose of Texas while a mirror sungglassed Trooper tapped his foot for rythumn. Must be my guilty looking face.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    ugh....texans....



 

Similar Threads

  1. DIN Valves and Manifold with Metal Wheels
    By lakelanddiver1078 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts