Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Bumping a really old thread with a question. Recently, my home flooded. I lost 90% of everything I owned, including my dive log book. As a diver who's transitioning from AOW to Cave, what would you do if you lost all of your proof of dive records?


  2. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaru View Post
    Bumping a really old thread with a question. Recently, my home flooded. I lost 90% of everything I owned, including my dive log book. As a diver who's transitioning from AOW to Cave, what would you do if you lost all of your proof of dive records?
    Sorry for your loss. When you are cavern student you are the instructor's tabula rasa, and they will teach you a new skill set and gear configuration. Speak with the instructor you chose, I am betting this will be less of a problem than you think.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Instructor wise, I know that to be the case, ONLY because he got to see it before it was lost. I took nitrox and sidemount with him already. I'm more upset that I don't have the documented memories (still have the actual memories at this point in life) of the last 14 years. I'm tempted to at least log what I remember of them but will have to place a large asterisk by them as "actual depth, tank readings, visibility, date, dive table class, etc unknown". It wasn't many dives by you guys standards, but again, sucks to lose what I had.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    All my dives are in 3 part logs. I have a log book, download from my computer to desktop and laptop, and a back up on My Passport Hard Drive. I have crashes but never lost my dives. Fortunately I have not had a flood.
    Sorry for your loss but I am sure it has taught you to back up your records.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Lost Mini Spool in Distance Tunnel at Orange Grove
    By Mark Vlahos in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 07:51 AM
  2. Lost Finger Spool at Orange Grove
    By tflaris in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
  3. Any dive reports for Orange Grove?
    By stairman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
  4. Lost hood and booties at Orange Grove
    By CaveDivingCop in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 07:00 AM
  5. Dive Knife found at Orange Grove 12/11
    By jeandiver in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts