Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33

    Default Entrance for Eagle's Nest

    Hello

    I'm now at Weeki Wachee and I'm try to find a way to go diving at Nest ? On Cortez blv I have seen lock gate (Eagle's Nest EMS). Is this the good entrance or where can I find keys ? Maybe is close ???

    thanks
    Paul


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    292

    Default

    your in the wrong spot!

    the entrance is on HWY19
    from Cortez Blvd take HWY19 9.8 mile then turn left, watch for the Brown Sign on the right side of the road

    drive up and pay at the Iron Ranger
    if you dont know how to get there and are not with someone who knows, your going to have a hard time finding it

    ===============================

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppol View Post
    Hello

    I'm now at Weeki Wachee and I'm try to find a way to go diving at Nest ? On Cortez blv I have seen lock gate (Eagle's Nest EMS). Is this the good entrance or where can I find keys ? Maybe is close ???

    thanks
    Paul
    Um, that's where they carry your dead body OUT of Eagle's Nest...

    Dave

    "BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Hello
    I finally find it late today after a lot of turn around ! We first find at nearly begening the iron ranger near the exit for dead body. We ask at many people where is it. No one know about Eagle's Nest. This is also true for sheriff. My wrong start was about using google map... completly bad choice. After few stop to McDo (free wifi) I enlarge the map and see the park entrance. We was not sure if we got the write way but we was nothing to loss at this point (tourist visit) we finally find it at 5PM. One day loss, but tomorrow it will be a great day.

    I was confuse because the park cross the Cortez road. Also, one guys toll me to get key at state office... Of corse, we never find the state office !

    For your information, the bassin was clear.


    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Um, that's where they carry your dead body OUT of Eagle's Nest...

    Dave
    nop, my body will not pass this gate


    Thanks for your help
    Paul


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Wow, I'm surprised you found it. I know a few divers who have been there several times and still get lost on the dirt roads.

    Have fun, and please send us a visibility report.

    Dave

    "BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33

    Default

    thanks for comment, I'm feel less stupid.

    With the map of Chassahowitzka found at main entrance it was more easy. Also, with google map we was prety good assuption to the Nest position. However, until we arrive to Neast we do not know if we were on the right track. It was several hours we circled around Wichee Watchee we had nothing to lose. The road was quite nice, around 30min drive.

    Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised you found it. I know a few divers who have been there several times and still get lost on the dirt roads.

    Have fun, and please send us a visibility report.

    Dave


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppol View Post
    The road was quite nice, around 30min drive.

    Paul
    Yes, they seem to resurface it and fill in the pot holes every year after the winter hunting season.

    Not sure what you plan on doing after the dive...I like going here for lunch (Spring Hill):

    http://greekcitycafe.com/contact.html

    Dave

    "BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33

    Default

    thanks, I'll keep that in note. For the road, I think it was in great conditions, we haven't see any big hole.

    I have leave conditions on CaveAtlas.com

    Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Yes, they seem to resurface it and fill in the pot holes every year after the winter hunting season.

    Not sure what you plan on doing after the dive...I like going here for lunch (Spring Hill):

    http://greekcitycafe.com/contact.html

    Dave


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    gainesville, FL
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Um, that's where they carry your dead body OUT of Eagle's Nest...

    Dave
    that's not a very nice thing to say to someone who's just about to dive there



 

Similar Threads

  1. Eagle's Nest
    By fireman cave in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
  2. Eagle's Nest
    By Shadowjack in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
  3. Eagle's Nest
    By phreaticus in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
  4. Eagle's Nest 2
    By Walter Pickel in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts