Rob Neto
Chipola Divers, LLC
Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
"Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley
Rob Neto
Chipola Divers, LLC
Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
"Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley
Truer than you ever imagined. When this "war" started "V#1" was working at the Villas deRosa, and put in the first large red line arrows. I was down there at the time, and mentioned that I designed the original arrows. Nobody but the diveshop owners in N FL knew who designed the arrows, up until then. They asked me to write up something about the arrows. Then they published it, and it is all over the internet now :-(
Yup
Dominican Republic Speleological Society
http://dr-ss.com
Aquavista Films LLC.
http://www.aquavistafilms.com
I wouldn't put too much hope in the landowners will to sort out our problems, once you pay the entrance fee that's it and i am not saying this to criticize or to diminish them, it is just what it seems like.
The only people who can change this is us, people who live and work there and all the cave divers that come to enjoy QR caves, after our discussions last week I am a bit more hopeful, give us some time and maybe we can come up with some good news... If God wants everybody got the message, finally!!!
A suggestion, let's stop calling him Villan #1. He certainly has his faults, he changed my arrows with his famous ones on his first visit to a newly explored an just opened cave without even knowing who I am but I don't care. It pissed me off back then but it does not matter any more, he promised to support the new course of things, so let's turn the page without thinking whether he has a second goal or whatever.
Let's hope everybody else does the same so we can have a beer instead of talk about something silly for hours...
"Si dios quiere" does not come out sounding the same in English...lol funny I do the same type of thing all the time, I mix French expressions in Spanish and Raquel is like "que estas diciendo" and looks at me weird.
The way this will be resolved is by all cave divers getting along and respecting each other and coming up with mutually agreed upon solutions and protocols etc..landowners are generaly not really aware of what goes on underwater unless they are divers themselves.
See you there the 21st for some epic filming!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dominican Republic Speleological Society
http://dr-ss.com
Aquavista Films LLC.
http://www.aquavistafilms.com
OOppps it was actually translated from the Italian "se Dio vuole" same thing, thanks Phillip! Anyway that's my point, yes respect, we don't need to be all friends, that worked only in the '70 (and they used some help I heard, hehe), but we can still do what is best for everybody: avoid to behave like kids!
21st it is man!!
Bookmarks