Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New member

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    159

    Default New member

    Hello, I am new to this forum.

    I live in North Florida. I dont plan on ever going into a total ceiling environment, but I have always found Cave diving to be very interesting and always a source of new technologies, because of this I know alot about cave diving from books and instuctor manuals.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by D1V3R
    Hello, I am new to this forum.

    I am 15yrs old, an open water/cavern diver and I live in North Florida. I dont plan on ever going into a total ceiling environment, but I have always found Cave diving to be very interesting and always a source of new technologies, because of this I know alot about cave diving from books and instuctor manuals.
    Welcone to the forum D1V3R!

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Have you been diving at Blue Grotto and Paradise Springs? They're both great cavern dives and very safe, as long as you don't do something stupid.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I do alot of diving of jennie along with some other locations like blue grotto, I've never heard of Paradise springs but I'll look it up.

    I'm still a begginer to technical diving, I've only done a handful of zero viz dives, and I've never been below 120 feet.

    EDIT: I just looked up Paradise springs, It looks like a very system. What is the visibility like and is it very crowded? It looks to be right in my experience range.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Try to go in the middle of the week if you can and early, the weekends are usally crowded with students.If your the first one in with good bouyancy you should great vis.


  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Welcome to the forum!!!

    Don't be a cavediver! They are too strange

    Jay

    "Is this thing on?"

  7. #7
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default List of cavern sites

    If you are qualified for cavern you might want to check out a listing of great sites on the resources page:

    http://www.cavediver.net/archives/index.html

    Click on "Cavern (the Best) Dives"


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Thanx alot, I didnt know about the archives. Looks like a ton of great dive sites, I've also been using www.floridacaves.com


  9. #9
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default other resources

    You might want to get a copy of Ned Deloach's "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida". It is a great resource to dive sites with directions etc.

    I have the 10th edition, but it looks like there is an 11th edition out, probably with updated directions.

    here is a link to the Amazon page for the book:
    Diving Guide to Underwater Florida 11th edition


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    159

    Default

    lol, I have 3 versions of it, 7th, 8th and 10th edition !



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts