Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    don't worry 60's or 50's are fine with me as long as we move and be able to lay line! Hope to return as soon as viz will improve.
    ha!

    "viz" I have found, is a relative term at best


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Congrats! We prolly crossed paths this weekend as I was finishing up and earning my "Intro" with lost line and lost buddy drills over in the peanut tunnel..... So for everybody that wanted to run up that line.... SORRY for killing the viz over there but it was necessary.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    538

    Default

    congrats on your intro, I remember seeing you guys there, it's hard to silt out the tunnel, that's why instructors like to do it there to not mess things up too much for the others. I was fortunate to do the OOA & OOL at downstreams cow, right when I decided I can go a little further with my doubles and got wedged in between ceiling and floor. At this point I knew it's getting time for the drill and sure enough right at this moment he signaled with his light. Anyhow we made it out and decided to do it again so we had to go all the way back and I was surprised that we were not silted out.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
    ha!

    "viz" I have found, is a relative term at best
    just happens to help to find the hole to go into!


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    just happens to help to find the hole to go into!
    there is a joke about a virgin with the lights out but I can't seem to get it organized in my head.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    LiveOak
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Congratulations! I sure hope I can get started soon. Joined this site to learn more about cave diving, I'm only open water but now live in Florida and want to check out the cave systems but can't seem to find time to get started so far. Sounds like I'm in for a nice journey once I get started!


  7. #27
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minas View Post
    but now live in Florida and want to check out the cave systems but can't seem to find time to get started so far.
    Welcome to the sickness.

    But please, resist the temptation to check them out before you've obtained proper training! It's difficult, but you'll never regret waiting to do it safely.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Welcome to the sickness.

    But please, resist the temptation to check them out before you've obtained proper training! It's difficult, but you'll never regret waiting to do it safely.
    +1. Check out www.safecavediving.com and www.nsscds.com

    Last edited by sandy; 09-15-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vonore, TN
    Age
    68
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Congrats to the OP for Full Cave, and to Bix for Intro! Two weeks from this Saturday, I'll be headed to cave country for my Cavern and Intro...getting so excited, I feel like a youngster again.

    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'


 

Similar Threads

  1. Full Cave ... Finally
    By graepaep in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 02:35 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
  3. finally vacations, cave hunting season is open!!
    By Neptuno in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts