Just finished a great DPV dive a little past 3000' upstream of Friedman's last weekend. I'm curious, how is the cave beyond that point? Does it continue to do a lot of up and down?
Thx
Just finished a great DPV dive a little past 3000' upstream of Friedman's last weekend. I'm curious, how is the cave beyond that point? Does it continue to do a lot of up and down?
Thx
Did you get to the sign? There is a Grim Reaper sign on the cave floor at about 3200 feet upstream from Friedman's. It's usually where the first safety gets dropped.
There is still lots of up and down. A couple of thousand feet further the cave drops through a fissure and then there is a smaller section with a lot of clay in the floor. That twists and turns for a while and the passage doesn't really get larger again until the Syphon Tunnel, about 6500 (iirc) upstream from Friedman's. You are then in the Spring Tunnel with lots of flow. There is at least 4000 feet of linear cave passage beyond that - we don't know exactly because we don't have accurate survey data of it.
Negative. I think we turned at around 3050'. I need to get another safety DPV before we dive much further through there. Your description sounds nice and the cave definitely calls for a long push. Who monitors the piezometer/data logger that is around 2500'(?) upstream from Friedman's?
The Florida Geological Survey does monitoring at the well.
is that a GR sign are a NACD Stop sign?
I thought it was a stop sign.
===============================
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Bookmarks