Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 32 of 32
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben M View Post
    If you aren't in the water, you aren't simulating much of anything. Light attenuates much faster in water, plus what did you place the strobe on? Your floor or counter top? Is it a reflective surface? I've tried that before, and it was not a good estimate of how it works in the water.
    non-reflective surface, and all good points, but I don't work for Inon. The question came up as to weather the sensor works from different angles. I know I've triggered it in Open Water from 15-20ft (guesstimate), but I never checked to see if every angle worked, that was the question I was trying to answer.


  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Marianna, FL
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Powell View Post
    Hey Ben, I bet you have a pretty good portfolio by now!
    Unfortunately, the camera has been out of the water for about 3 months now. Diving has been slim this summer, but I've been working on it when I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benderr View Post
    non-reflective surface, and all good points, but I don't work for Inon. The question came up as to weather the sensor works from different angles. I know I've triggered it in Open Water from 15-20ft (guesstimate), but I never checked to see if every angle worked, that was the question I was trying to answer.
    The Inon may be great. I don't know as I have not used one before. I do know the test you described is not indicative of how it will work in the water as the light bounces all over your house. I ran a test like that before with a different strobe, was very satisfied during the kitchen test and then disappointed by the underwater results. I'll see if I still have some examples I can post.



 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 2 Subal SN80 Strobe Housings
    By CCR Josh in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
  2. 35 mm w/ strobe , arm , housing
    By AGudmon in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. SB-105 strobe almost new
    By in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
  4. Help with a strobe
    By tomhauburn in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 09:44 PM
  5. Nikonos III and strobe
    By sdalcher in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts