Quote Originally Posted by Neptuno View Post
I still trying to collect info, not sure if tourism is the best point of view in this case, but could be mentioned it will help something, I think will try to point it more to new discoveries, exploration, knowledge, etc. and have the tourism as a convincing point for the hotels.

is there more caves where water is taken and divers allowed?
not a cave, but.... in Madison, Alabama, there is a water-filled rock quarry (spring-fed) that the city uses for emergency back-up water supply. Divers are allowed to dive the quarry, but swimmers are not permitted. I've always thought it odd that divers could go there, but not swimmers. Perhaps it's more of a way of limiting the use to reduce potential pollution. email [email protected]. talk with Britt Clark. He manages the property during the dive season there. Every year he has to re-convince them that diver's are not polluting the water, and may have some documentation, or logic, or even persausive argument, he presents to the city water management board.

skip