Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default Site with some springs many unnown in North Florida



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    It appears as though someone knew about them


  3. #3
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    None of those are "unknown"....

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    No ****, but many are unnown to many. I have lived in Clay County all my life and never knew there was a spring in the St Johns next to the Shands Bridge. I have dove Croaker Hole and would have tried Shands Spring back when I had a boat. There are many more listed that I knew nothing about and Im sure most have no significance to cavedivers but back in my springhoppin days I could have added a few of these to the list.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    292

    Default

    http://www.dep.state.fl.us/secretary/watman/

    In 2002 the state did an inventory of all the springs. You can find springs on all of the MWD sites.

    ===============================

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks for the info. It was a pleasure meeting you at Peacock this weekend. I was the one from Sarasota, trying my sidemount rig for the 1st time. 1st time in a cave that is.



 

Similar Threads

  1. North Florida Springs Alliance (NFSA)
    By Jim Wyatt in forum North Florida Springs Alliance CSO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
  2. North Florida Springs Alliance March meeting
    By Janet in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
  3. North Florida Springs Alliance Meeting CSO
    By DavidP in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:07 AM
  4. North Florida Springs Alliance CSO
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts