Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Waynes World

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    14

    Default Waynes World

    Has anyone been to Waynes World lately and know the conditions? I have never been and am thinking of maybe going this weekend.
    Lloyd


  2. #2
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    If you have never been there, now is seriously not the time to visit.

    With all the rain we've had the World is blown, 0-3ft vis. Not going to be worth the trip.

    We need at least a full week of dry days to get it back to it's "normal" of 20ft.

    Then again, it's your decesion to waste gas and enjoy 0 vis...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks for the info.
    Lloyd


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Hey Lloyd, Joe is right on. You almost need two dry weeks for decent vis. 3 foot vis coupled with a blurring halocline for most of the dive is not much fun. I would definately dive it with someone who's familiar with the system.
    John

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John L.
    Hey Lloyd, Joe is right on. You almost need two dry weeks for decent vis. 3 foot vis coupled with a blurring halocline for most of the dive is not much fun. I would definately dive it with someone who's familiar with the system.
    John
    I'll second that and go a step further, even when conditions are pristine there it is a good idea to dive it with someone who has experience there your first dive or two.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  6. #6
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne

    I'll second that and go a step further, even when conditions are pristine there it is a good idea to dive it with someone who has experience there your first dive or two.
    The CDS also makes that policy in their Access Policy for School Sink (Waynes World) : http://www.nsscds.org/Divesites.htm#School%20Sink

    When someone is ready for a dive there, just let me know... I'd be glad to give someone a decent "tour" of the main circut and mainstreet (good first dive).


    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I will be at Ginnie this weekend instead.
    Lloyd


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne

    I'll second that and go a step further, even when conditions are pristine there it is a good idea to dive it with someone who has experience there your first dive or two.
    The CDS also makes that policy in their Access Policy for School Sink (Waynes World) : http://www.nsscds.org/Divesites.htm#School%20Sink

    When someone is ready for a dive there, just let me know... I'd be glad to give someone a decent "tour" of the main circut and mainstreet (good first dive).


    Do i fall into "someone" too?

    today could be the greatest day of my life


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts