Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyduck
    I have seen a picture describing this- Ah heck here is a link because I refuse to post it.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/galle...php?i=212&c=19
    Diver clicking on this link- you have been warned- no nudity, but Yuck!

    Know that we have past the kaka…

    Prism manufacture known as Steam Machines has talked about making a side slung bailout rebreather- time table is unknown at this time.

    Regards, Andrew
    Oh man...I was about to fix me some lunch but never mind...That was just sick.

    Ryan.....

    This is the most boring and non-humorous signature line ever.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: Gills

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1
    I'm still waiting for a combination rectal air convertor/regulator/rebreather/fusion chamber.

    Now thats a good Idea! I like to smell my own farts anyway, and theres probably enough power to even run a scooter. You would have to have a back-up strainer incase you had too much taco bell the night before, and one the the farts had lumps!

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REastman
    Oh man...I was about to fix me some lunch but never mind...That was just sick.
    OK, I owe you lunch.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I talked to a friend who is even more of a nut about rebreathers than me.

    It seems that this is old news.
    US Patent office- No. 3,333,583
    Dated- Aug 1st 1967
    Author- Bruce R. Bodell
    Labeled- Artificial Gills.

    As stressed by others certain nasty restrictions apply.
    Apparently, the infinity for Oxygen in fish systems are a lot better at maintaining and capturing oxygen that cross the gills of the fish.

    While an interesting idea- I will ogling my rebreather thoughts because that is sure thing.
    Besides we still need bailout at the end of the day.

    Andrew


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    78

    Default

    so, what'll happen when you swim this thing through a hydrogen sulfide layer?

    Anyone?

    Aside from that and the fact it needs a motor and batteries, there's very little dissolved oxygen in most caves. on the otherhand, a spinning centerfuge could act as a gyroscopic stabilizer, helping to maintain the diver's trim. cuz you know the guy who tries this thing out will need it... think I'll just leave those details for someone else.

    folks have paid for antigravity and UFO engine patents too. Priorities, people! I want my flying car first.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    This is a crosspost from the rebreather list server. The writer is a chemist.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Don writes.............
    Shear and utter bullshit!!!!!!!!
    The boy is preparing a scam in the hope of hooking "investors".
    Oxygen at the surface, where it is in contact with air, and where it
    will be in the highest concentration, is at best 12 parts per million (ppm)
    Assuming the same solubility for nitrogen, air would be therefore be 60
    ppm, at the surface!
    His claim of 1.5% at depth translates to 1.5 parts per hundred, about a
    factor of 10,000 too high!
    Also, fish are cold blooded and use less oxygen.
    When we breath, we use a mere fraction of the available oxygen (less
    than 10% I think), which is why we can apply CPR by breathing into another person's mouth.
    His claim of being able to separate the gases at depth is also absolute
    crap.
    Cheers,
    Don
    PS If anyone is going to send this guy money, have them pass me the
    money first and I will pass it on for them.
    end Quote.................

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #17

    Default

    The surface area needed to separate water into the component parts would be too great of an area and the deeper you go the surface area will have to increase. Then there is the byproduct called brine. This has to be scrapped away from the surface to allow filtration (osmosis). Even if electrolyze is used you still end up with these byproducts that have to be gotten rid of.

    Double the the Tanks, Double the run, Add a stage for more fun..... Keep on Diving.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyduck
    I have seen a picture describing this- Ah heck here is a link because I refuse to post it.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/galle...php?i=212&c=19
    Diver clicking on this link- you have been warned- no nudity, but Yuck!

    Know that we have past the kaka…

    Regards, Andrew
    DAMN MAN! You have taken a pretty fair joke and turned it into something repulsive, disgusting, rude, and socially unacceptable.

    GOOD JOB!!!

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts