Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122
  1. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    RN mentioned by link what was popping into my mind, Ménière's disease: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000702.htm My wife (non-diver) has a case that is mostly mild, and the primary symptom is ringing. Since you're experiencing symptoms that seem to relate to your diving, Ménière's might be off the mark, but the wife's symptoms become aggravated by any change in her sinuses. Whatever the case, I would take it slow. Diving while not 100% isn't going to improve the situation, but you know this already.

    Additionally, you can have fun on dives that aren't two-hours long. Ever been spearfishing?


  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    sorry, made the above post after realizing I had not read 7 pages of discussion in the thread......


  3. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    5 days later andIstill havetinnitus.


  4. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eagle, Idaho
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    5 days later andIstill havetinnitus.
    See my earlier post #9 for my reference to this subject. That was 3 years ago and I kept diving and my tinnitus has continued to get worse. It is with me 100% of the time now and sometimes gets to the point of driving me crazy. I hope you don't make the same mistakes I did.

    Dave Grimm


    Now there was only me and this timeless, eternal cave. I felt part of things, a tolerant guest.
    by Rob Palmer from "Deep Into Blue Holes"

  5. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Was there a way to prevent it you think?

    Sent from my Eris


  6. #76

    Default

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14689631

    Find an SOT or Gonestead Chiropractor in your area. Worth a shot.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  7. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14689631

    Find an SOT or Gonestead Chiropractor in your area. Worth a shot.
    Although tinnitus is a very strange disorder and has many bizarre manifestations and associations, I sincerely believe you will be wasting your money going to a chiropractor.


  8. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eagle, Idaho
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    Was there a way to prevent it you think?

    Sent from my Eris
    I didn't go to a good ENT soon enough and just kept diving and putting up with what I thought was a short-term problem that would clear up on its own. My ENT said I did permanent damage from diving with the infection and that the tinnitus will likely never go away. FWIW, my tinnitus continues to get gradually worse which is why I think my 40-years of diving may come to and end sooner than I'd like.

    Dave Grimm


    Now there was only me and this timeless, eternal cave. I felt part of things, a tolerant guest.
    by Rob Palmer from "Deep Into Blue Holes"

  9. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Well I am very sorry to hear that. The ent I went to was not very helpful. Hopefully o stoped before o messed up to much. But I doubt it

    Sent from my Eris


  10. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apitkin View Post
    Although tinnitus is a very strange disorder and has many bizarre manifestations and associations, I sincerely believe you will be wasting your money going to a chiropractor.
    Yeah, that damn spine couldn't possibly be responsible for anything. I mean, not like spine damage caused any issues anywhere else in the body.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK


 

Similar Threads

  1. SS Scooter with 18 and 26" body
    By bigken462 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 02:19 AM
  2. FS Dive xtras Sierra Longt Body Scooter w/short Body
    By CaverSTAN in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
  3. Anyone have a G250 body?
    By Rich in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts