Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 89 of 89
  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Yes, kudos to everyone involved in putting this together. I underestimated the turnout...Jim said there were over 50. Oh, and props to Marissa for the cool t-shirt design! Here's a few shots for the losers who couldn't make it out:

    1) Funny, everyone seemed to be scratching and itching after Kelly's critter ID clinic...

    2) You should've seen the look on Chris's face when Lamar let go of that bungee! Though it was pretty ballsy of him to bring a Hollis rig

    3) Garrick, Jessica, and Scott conspire to meticulously measure azimuth, distance, and depth to 12 significant digits during Bob's survey clinic.

    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	critter_ID.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	4701   Click image for larger version

Name:	ouch.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	957.2 KB
ID:	4700   Click image for larger version

Name:	survey.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	4699  

    "BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Another huge thanks for everyone that helped to make the workshop possible.

    Every aspect of it fed my desires to learn more about Floridas natural history and to become a more skilled diver. It was also awesome to be around so many fun people that share the same interests.

    I can't wait until the next one!!!


  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    props to Marissa for the cool t-shirt design!

    Funny, everyone seemed to be scratching and itching after Kelly's critter ID clinic...
    I was wondering who did the tee shirt design. It is the best I have seen in a while especially one that is specific to an event. Well done Marissa!

    And I thought it was just me that was itching and scratching

    I hate to say this but if you won the NACD membership, shoot me a pm with your name and address so I can get it processed. I was not as attentive during the drawings as I should have been Kind of wondering how many pms I may get.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Awh you guys are making me blush! Thanks for the kind words. I have a multimedia design background so I've done a few tshirt designs in my time. Plus Marc Bryan helped out and he has a design background,also. But I will glady donate my time and help anyone anytime they need a t-shirt for an event just send me a message. Glad everyone enjoyed the event! I enjoyed it very much myself and can't wait to see everyone again!


  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    props to Marissa for the cool t-shirt design!
    Indeed! A valued addition to my dive wear collection.

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Funny, everyone seemed to be scratching and itching after Kelly's critter ID clinic.
    Just a little. The _real_ itching and scratching came after the afternoon trail walk. I don't know what got me, but my legs are covered in nasty, itchy welts. Next time, I'll listen to Tina and put on that insect repellant!

    --
    Art


  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North of Tampa
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I would also like to thank everyone for putting this event together, I had a great time and learned a lot. The only think I'm not happy about is the red bugs that bit me on the afternoon trail walk other then that it was great Thanks again

    Garrick


  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    439

    Default

    I think the bugs got us all!


  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Had a great time down there meeting people and doing the cave survey activity.


  9. #89

    Default

    The bugs you all are talking about are chiggers.
    Fantastic fun day though!



 

Similar Threads

  1. North Florida Springs Alliance (NFSA)
    By Jim Wyatt in forum North Florida Springs Alliance CSO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
  2. North Florida Springs Alliance March meeting
    By Janet in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
  3. North Florida Springs Alliance Meeting CSO
    By DavidP in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:07 AM
  4. North Florida Springs Alliance CSO
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts